Online Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Online Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
• Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
• Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
• Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
• Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
• Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
• Fluent in English.
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
• Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
• Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
• Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
• Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
• Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
• Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties);
• Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.