Online Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
• Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
• Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
• Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
• Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
• Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
• Fluent in English.
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
• Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
• Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
• Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
• Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
• Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
• Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties);
• Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.