Company Secretarial Associate
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Company Secretarial Associate active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Administrative Assistance active on Hipo.ro
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative service for subsidiaries including scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, preparing board packs, taking minutes at meetings and following up on actions.
- Reviewing the corporate governance arrangements of subsidiaries to ensure alignment with the Group’s policies and best practice principles and any regulatory requirements including but not limited to the Group’s Subsidiary procedures, the Group’s Financial Authorities Matrix and any regulatory requirements.
- Managing statutory administration of US and other subsidiaries including maintaining statutory records, responsibility for appropriate filings with the Secretary of State and applicable local registries and updating the Group’s database (GEMs) with any changes.
- Working closely with the UK based Company Secretarial Associate managing the year end statutory accounts process for all UK and non-UK subsidiaries including the review of subsidiary accounts and financial documentation as required throughout the year.
- Supported by appropriate 3rd party providers advising the Group regarding subsidiary companies operating overseas including: overseas subsidiaries’ filings and reviewing legal powers of attorney and proxies (with the help of the Group’s appointed third-party service provider).
- Assisting with corporate projects including provision of support around: due diligence, fundraising, internal and external restructures and M&A activity.
- Record keeping and responding to legal, regulatory and other external information requests, second line reviews and internal audits.
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports/board papers; ensuring decision made are agreed with and communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaising with external advisers e.g. lawyers and auditors.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
This position would be ideal for a committed and dedicated Company Secretary who is looking to challenge themselves within a driven and friendly team environment.
Key skills identified for this role include:
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Detail -orientated
- Strong team player who is able to provide support to the team.
- Calm and self-assured.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of preparing resolutions and related paperwork for subsidiary corporate actions.
- Experience taking Board or Committee minutes.
- Able to handle projects independently without much supervision.
- Able to work well with other departments and develop good working relationships across the business at all levels.
- A university degree or equivalent.
- ACIS with appropriate experience in a company secretary’s department in a FTSE 350, ideally within financial services. Or a qualified lawyer.
- IT skills, Word, Excel, GEMs and Boardvantage.