Data and Analytics Consultant
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people around the globe who are committed to delivering the highest quality solutions in assurance, tax and advisory services. Amongst our clients there are 419 companies from Fortune Global 500 list. We’ve been in Central and Eastern Europe for the past 25 years, employing around 8,800 professionals across the CEE region.
Thanks to our many talented people we are recognized as a top provider of professional services. We help to build trust and solve important problems across 29 countries of CEE. We value innovation, teamwork, integrity, professionalism and we care about our people.
As global game changers, our experts play big. Match your curiosity with continuous opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact. Join PwC and be a game changer.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Science and/or Engineering, Business and Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
• Working in sprint cycles to develop proof-of-concepts and prototype models that can be demoed and explained to data scientists, internal stakeholders, and clients;
• Testing and rejecting hypotheses around data processing and machine learning model building;
• Demonstrating ability to experiment, fail quickly, and recognize when you need assistance vs. when you conclude that a technology is not suitable for the task;
• Building data flow pipelines that ingest, clean, transform and report data in various formats;
• Staying abreast of new BI, Data and Analytics, AI research by reading and experimenting with code;
• Developing innovative solutions and perspectives on data that can be shared with clients;
• Demonstrating ability to continuously learn new technologies and quickly evaluate their technical and commercial viability;
• Applying machine learning techniques for addressing a variety of problems (e.g. consumer segmentation, revenue forecasting, image classification, etc.);
• Understanding of machine learning algorithms (e.g. k-nearest neighbours, random forests, ensemble methods, deep neural networks, etc.) and when it is appropriate to use each technique;
• Building machine learning models and systems, interpreting their output, and communicating the results;
• Moving models from development to production is a plus
Demonstrates some abilities (preferably but not mandatory, at least one in each category) and/or a proven record of success learning and applying new skills quickly, including the following areas and technologies:
• Programming: Python, R, , C++, Unix, Java;
• Data Storage Technologies: SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MySQL/ MariaDB, Graph Databases (Neo4j), etc.;
• Data Processing Tools: Python (Numpy, Pandas, etc.), Spark, cloud-based solutions;
• Machine Learning Libraries: Python (scikit-learn, etc.), TensorFlow, PyTorch;
• Visualization: (D3), Python (Matplotlib, etc.), Tableau, Power BI, QlikView/Qlik Sense
• Development to production technologies: GitHub or any other.
As a Consultant/Experienced Consultant, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
• Share and collaborate effectively with others.
• Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
• Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
• Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
• Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
• Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
• Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
• Uphold the firms code of ethics and business conduct.
Our team is capability centric, focusing on Data and Analytics techniques that are broadly applicable across all industries.
Your career is just that, yours. You choose it. You live it. You make it happen. To get the best from it, you need the best opportunities. That is why opportunities are at the heart of PwC careers. Opportunities to grow as an individual, to work flexibly, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything. The skills, insights and connections you develop at PwC are career defining wherever your career may take you. Talent, hard work and opportunity. You provide the first two, we'll take care of the rest.
Job level: Student/ Graduate
• Interesting and challenging work environment;
• Flexibility in choosing the tools and frameworks you are willing to use, the result being the final measure of success;
• A systematic education process to support professional and personal development and on-the-job training;
• A professional and team-oriented work environment.
Collection of personal data We collect personal data from job applicants as part of our recruitment process. The personal data may be provided directly to us by an applicant or via third party, i.a. recruitment agency, depending on a particular recruitment process. The information we process include standard information regarding your education, employment history, other work-related information and any other information provided to us on your CV or application letter or in any other recruitment forms you are asked to fill in as part of the process.
You are asked not to provide us with any information regarding the so called “special category of personal data”, including race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics (where used for ID purposes), health, sex life or sexual orientation. Use of personal data We use information held about you in the following ways:
For you to participate in the recruitment process for a specific position,
If you provide us with your consent - to notify you of relevant job opportunities within PwC, to notify you about job related events organized by or in participation with PwC, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Legal basis for processing We hold and processes your data based on a lawful basis (i.e. provisions of the Labour Code) and in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment contract. We may also process some of your data in pursuit of our legitimate interest in recruiting you as a candidate. Where you consent to our use of your data for specific purposes we will process the data based on your consent. In case of unsuccessful recruitment process we will hold your data based on your consent. Data retention If your application is successful your data is saved for the implementation of the employment relationship, complying with statutory regulations. Application documents of unsuccessful candidates are deleted after six months at the latest. We ask for your consent before retaining your application documents in our applicant pool for a longer period.