Software Internship - Embedded Software for Automotive Applications - Firmware
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Good knowledge of Embedded C
- Good English communication skills
A typical day involves at least one of:
- Interacting with real embedded engineers and work and during coffee breaks, using Romanian and English languages - attn: involves laughing, from time to time
learning about a modern processor architecture
- Writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language
- Brushing up on makefiles and python skills for automating
- Understanding how to use in software a hardware communication peripheral
getting skilled in using a debugger probe to study bugs and profiling information for embedded target device
- Finally figuring out why architecting software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code
You will be part of the software team working on the products that will power the autonomous cars of tomorrow. You will learn about embedded software programming as part of our projects on device drivers and operating systems, interact with leading global experts for automotive technologies and get familiar with quality standards and models required in the automotive industry.
Some of the technologies developed in Romania include device drivers and integrated embedded solutions, firmware for communication accelerators, software stacks (TouchSense, NFC, CAN, LIN, etc), real time operating systems, security software, Linux operating systems and ADAS radar and vision software development kits.