Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What you need is:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering Discipline is strongly desired
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in engineering practice, or equivalent time calling on engineering firms in an engineering sales/technical capacity.
• Solid knowledge of materials resistance and engineering reasoning; ability to read, understand and create technical building plans;
• Relevant experience as a consultant engineer in construction, installation or design engineer (design and job site);
• Commitment, responsibility and customer orientation;
• Solid knowledge of PC usage, CAD software (AUTOCAD), good abilities to present technical solutions as well as negotiation.
• Confident with enthusiasm for problem solving and accepts responsibility for self-learning & development;
• Language Knowledge: Romanian fluent, English Advanced
As part of your interview process, we will take you on a day-in-the-life ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for the job and the caliber of our people. We will also pay for your travel to the final interview.
What's the role?
The role of the Support Engineer is to respond to technical enquiries about Products and Services across the Fastening and Protection Hilti portfolio. It is a wide and varied role requiring a good knowledge of engineering principles and common applications across the Building Construction and/or Energy industries.
What does the role involve?
The role will involve receiving and responding to enquiries from designers and customers for products like anchors fixings, installations systems, direct fastening, firestop and fire protection systems. And this can be either on the telephone or through email. Accurate and timely response is essential so the role would suit a well-organized, high-motivated individual with an interest in engineering and the construction trades.
We fill 80% of our management positions with our own internal candidates. It’s testament to how much we value and develop our people.
We will give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you will receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. If you have two or more years’ experience in engineering or construction, it will be a big advantage.