Manual Test Engineer
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
• At least 1 year creating and executing test cases
• Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, the software test life cycle, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario etc.).
• Bug tracking tools (Elvis, Bugzilla etc.).
• Test management tools (Configuration Management tools like Perforce, TMS)
• Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, versioning systems (or equivalent tools).
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and networking.
• At least one year in a product engineering or test engineering role in an embedded environment, preferably in automotive or telecom.
• Experience in defect management.
• Good soft skills in team leadership, coordination, communication.
• Working knowledge of technology, tools, and test methods in one or more of the following domains (Radio, Media, Navigation, Bluetooth, Voice recognition, Vehicle networking, Diagnosis, Connectivity).
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills (English).
• Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing interesting software bugs.
Vehicle networking experience (CAN, MOST).
ISTQB Foundation Level certification or equivalent
Working knowledge of shell scripting (working knowledge of multiple scripting languages).
• Performs software validation for one or more projects on new Infotainment system and Telematics Control Unit (Multimedia, Wi-Fi/ BT Connectivity, Internet Connectivity, Hands free phone, Voice recognition, Navigation and others) on test benches and test vehicles.
• Applies specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans, test designs, and test cases.
• Performs manual and automated software testing. Performs session-based exploratory testing.
• Identifies software issues and transfers problem issues into the issue tracking system with supporting log files and data.
• Verifies the fixes for the software issues.
• Records, processes, and analyzes data with PC based tools and test instrumentation.
• Documents testing and creates test reports.
• Coordinates with different departments domestically and internationally
• Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and other activities in the framework of an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Provides technical support for the resolution of various customer and interdepartmental issues on an as needed basis.
• English very good (spoken and written).