BI DWH Tester
Vauban is a Romanian Group with more than 11 years of sustainable and healthy growth. We do focus on innovation, learning, entrepreneurship and capacity to find new solutions. The company figures are +450 consultants, +100 clients, having locations in Romania and France.
Our teams daily deliver Technology Services as consultancy (missions at clients’ premises), and also from our delivery center (integration & application development in digital and BI, Software as a Service management, Production, security and infrastructure).
Vauban is also the Romanian partner with Top premium software editors, leader in data governance and security, being responsible to integrate the solutions and to ensure local support.
• Experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions
• Have experience in testing reconcile initial and delta daily loads
• Experienced in using the Oracle SQL Loader features for loading the data from Flat Files to Data Base tables for Bulk Loading
• Experienced in interacting with Business Owners, Business Analysts, UAT Users and Developers
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Excellent working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle
• Experienced in Functional testing, System testing, Performance testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, Recovery testing, Reports testing, UAT testing
• Expertise in writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Procedures, Use Cases, Test cases, Test scripts, Defect status reports, Test Summary report
• Proficiency in Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, and reporting using Industry standard Tools like JIRA and Enterprise Tester.
• Expert in writing complex SQL queries for Reports data validations
• Have solid experience on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator or SQL Developer
• Have tested several complex Reports
• Experience in testing the reports for both cosmetic static content and data validations as per Report specification documents
• Experience in Data Analysis, Data Cleansing Scrubbing, Data Validation and Verification, Data Conversion, Data Migrations
• Expert level skills in testing Enterprise Data Warehouses using Informatica or other ETL tools.
• Understand how data within the core business systems relates to business activity
• Fully understanding the data within the core business systems. This will include ensuring all data is mapped correctly for KPI and analytic reporting purposes and that this it in line with the business operational approach
• Understand the mappings of source systems to dimensional data models in the target data warehouse schema
• Test Extract Transformation and Load (ETL) processes developed using Oracle ODI and PL/SQL procedures in order to ensure the accuracy of data mapping and applied business rules
• Write, update and execute test cases
• Report, follow-up, confirm and close issues
• Regression testing of software prior to code releases
• Liaise with the development teams during system testing phases of the project to identify and work to resolve defects
• Liaise with business analysts and key stake holders during user acceptance testing phases of a project to ensure that deliverables are meeting set business requirements and working to achieve this if not contribute to the definition and implement testing practices for the BI
• Make defect prioritization decisions based upon considering both technical merit and business value
• Ensure that standardized testing processes are in place and followed.