Front Office Engineer with Italian - is a plus
Huawei is a global leader of ICT solutions, whose vision is to enrich life through communication.
Continuously innovating based on customer needs, we are committed to enhancing customer experiences and creating maximum value for telecom carriers, enterprises, and consumers.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 150,000 employees of which more than 70,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D).
We are diverse, and we embrace it. With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent.
Join us for Building a Better Connected World!
What you will be working on:
- Network surveillance, 1st Level restoration and preventive maintenance;
- Work utilizing pre-prepared Instruction, Script commands, etc.; handle 80% of upcoming issues and 20% escalate to Back Office;
- Ticket record and solve standard problems;
- Interaction with other technicians, customer technical staff and other groups within Service Delivery organization;
- Responsible for creating Trouble Tickets (TT) and work orders (WO) for network and service functionality and to escalate within the department / group as well as to the Back Office units / 3rdParty / supplier partner functions so that service layer may be maintained at specified level;
- Report on relevant KPIs in relationship to agreed levels.
All you have to bring with you is:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent level gained by experience, in Information Technology / Electronics / Telecommunications / Data communications Engineering; if you are still a student in 3rd/4th year - please do not hesitate to join us
- The schedule will allow you to attend your classes and still gain work experience
- English speaking and writing Intermediate level. You will have the chance to flex your English while talking with colleagues from all over the world.
- Nice-to-have: Italian. If the only word you know is pizza, still no problem. We can teach you! Availability to work in shifts (12h per shift, 12-14 shifts per month) We are flexible regarding this matter: You can trade shifts with your colleagues, so that its convenient for your personal plans.
- Experience with ICT operations and maintenance support is a plus;
- Be able to judge on operational acceptance complex new systems / applications;
- Experience in a monitoring environment using a network management system;
- Experience in a Network Operations or IT service desk environment;
- Good understanding of Mobile Telecom technologies and services (GSM/UMTS/WLAN/TCP-IP/SMS/VMS etc.); - Good understanding of IT technologies;
- Previous experience in NOC environment could be a plus;
- Ability to learn the working of new nodes which are added in the network;
- Good knowledge of support and supply processes.
- The engineer will be the responsible team member, working in a shift 24x7.
What we offer:
- A team of friendly professionals that will offer you all the support you need to grow and learn.
- Exposure to a multicultural environment;
- You will smoothly develop superpowers, for example, multitasking and being hyped about it, learning how to prioritize tasks.
- Great amount of Product Documentation, from which you will have the chance to extract all info you need at the beginning.
- Access to a large knowledge database where you can find technical cases encountered by all our engineers around the world.
- Opportunity to contribute to this knowledge base and be in the credentials of helping future colleagues that will join the team and learn from your successful solutions
- You will find, of course, an attractive set of benefits, but we want to keep some surprises for the interview!