Product Analyst (Product Owner)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Product Analyst (Product Owner) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
Skills and Knowledge:
- Post-Secondary Education (with a degree in business or technology is an asset)
- A combination of being business and technical savvy, having a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Able to think strategically and get into the details
- Effective influence and negotiation skills
- Strong writing skills, including technical writing
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills for working with internal and external clients
- Well-developed organizational and human relations skills
- Working knowledge of forecasting techniques, percentages and mark-ups
- Strong ability to comprehend user business needs and integrate that understanding with technical skills
- FinTech industry and market knowledge/expertise
- Software product management expertise
- Fast, flexible and agile decision-making: streamline, simplify and shorten the decision-making process, manage ambiguity well.
- Analytical: sound analytical and problem-solving skills as well as proven time management
- A high degree of integrity and accountability along with strong collaboration skills.
- Experience in Lending necessary to understand the business concepts and goals of loan administration (Student Lending Product Knowledge/Experience would be an asset)
- Experience / background in writing technical and/or non-technical documentation e.g. business requirements document, training materials
- Experience in working in AGILE Delivery environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed
- Can work effectively within a team but is also able to deliver effectively as an individual contributor
- 2+ years of experience in Product Analyst role or related experience.
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with several types and levels of staff, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to effectively work simultaneously on many priorities, which change frequently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and a team environment
- Experience working in an application driven environment
- Proven experience with project management methodologies and best practices
- Work closely internal stakeholders (Scrum Masters, Dev, QA, and Product) and end users to understand and gather/validate business and user requirements.
- Translate business problems/goals into user stories, and assist in creating all necessary details which accompany user stories e.g. Personas, Acceptance Criteria etc.
- Conduct Product focus groups and evaluation meetings to ensure that the team is tracking toward desired Product outcomes.
- Within every sprint, work closely with the scrum team to ensure they understand the business problem, who the targeted users are and the impact of user stories on the product as a whole.
- Ensure that delivered code is in the spirit of the user story validating that the customer/end user experience is captured, and value is delivered.
- Determine fulfillment of acceptance criteria and offer advice to the Product Manager regarding acceptance of stories.
- Supports and owns SCRUM events, including but not limited to, managing/prioritizing the backlog and accepting user stories.
- Collaborates with technical communications writers to develop thorough internal and external documentation describing product changes.
- Identifies training needs, and trains employees on product usage and new features/functionality.
- Support the product roadmap and manage the product through the entire Product Lifecycle from product idea generation to building and testing the product to market launch and product growth
- Identify and evaluate new product and product adjacency opportunities by conducting market research supported by on-going customer feedback- includes opportunities for customer penetration to utilize all Finastra product lines, channels and client segments.
- Analyze the business and functional requirements for business cases that support the creation of new products and/or new features or enhancements of existing product functionality
- Maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and external positioning. Perform ongoing analysis and propose necessary actions to ensure continued marketability and competitive stance of product line.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Continue to grow the product, maintain profitability and market relevance, and look for new product ideas
- Support business cases for new products and I or product enhancements to drive new revenue streams and increase profitability
- Support leadership in meeting timelines, implementing work activities and maintaining artifacts as required
- Assist in the review and evaluation of new product and market initiatives.
- Perform system analysis for the design of new products or enhancements to improve usability based on feedback.
- Track and measure customer success metrics (including usage, churn revenue)
- Identify operational process improvement opportunities
- Build strong, positive and influential relationships cross-functionally at various levels across the business, both internally and externally
- Be outcome driven to provide clients with products that fulfill their needs.
- Closely monitor the progression of each product through the product lifecycle, engaging key internal and external stakeholders and escalating to Product Manager when required
- Understand relevant compliance and regulatory changes
- Awareness and knowledge of critical product and business risks
Our Mission and Vision:
Our vision is to unlock the potential of people and businesses by creating the #1 open platform for innovation in the world of financial services.
Our mission is the journey we are on to deliver this vision, and we are well underway, having launched FusionFabric.cloud in 2019. Already recognized as a secure, industry-leading cloud platform, we've partnered with the largest and most vibrant partner and developer ecosystems to create a hugely scalable environment that fosters collaboration and rapid innovation for all.
Inside Finastra, our ambition is to be the most loved and inclusive fintech in the world. Our people across the globe are diverse, talented and open. And we are always looking for the most creative and inspiring minds to join the team. Whoever you are, you're welcome at Finastra.
Come and join us - make our home your home and open up the world of finance!