Expert Software Engineer Mainframe
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
- 6+ years of experience with mainframe technologies: TSO, JCL, COBOL, MVS, CICS, IAM/VSAM, EASYTRIEVE PLUS, SAS, ENDEVOR, Sort, FileAid, AbendAid, CONNECT: DIRECT (NDM), MQ SERIES, BIZTALK, Expeditor, REXX.
- Capable to quickly adapt and perform in those scenarios where third-party products and services need to be integrated with our own products.
- Good understanding of software performance optimization and metrics
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to recognize and implement design patterns effectively.
- Exposure to application and data architectures principles and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with unit testing best practices and implementation
- Awareness of and adherence to best practices, testing and deployment
- Experience as a development professional in self-driven, fast-paced environments organized by Agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong desire to contribute and succeed as part of a team with high professional standards.
- Experience with z/OS Connect, IBM tools, Node.JS an asset.
- Knowledge of service bus basic concepts and practical ways to implement with Advanced Message Queueing Protocol (AMQP) is an asset
- Full stack (web frontend) development is an asset
- Microsoft .NET experience is an asset
What will you contribute?
The Expert Software Engineer - Mainframe is responsible for developing and implementing mainframe software systems, as well as supporting members of an agile development team. You will be involved in planning, designing, building, supporting and maintaining new and existing enterprise-grade solutions.
Your deliverables as a Mainframe Software Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs and develops high-quality code.
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand and follow the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Our Mission and Vision:
Our vision is to unlock the potential of people and businesses by creating the #1 open platform for innovation in the world of financial services.
Our mission is the journey we are on to deliver this vision, and we are well underway, having launched FusionFabric.cloud in 2019. Already recognized as a secure, industry-leading cloud platform, we've partnered with the largest and most vibrant partner and developer ecosystems to create a hugely scalable environment that fosters collaboration and rapid innovation for all.
Inside Finastra, our ambition is to be the most loved and inclusive fintech in the world. Our people across the globe are diverse, talented and open. And we are always looking for the most creative and inspiring minds to join the team. Whoever you are, you're welcome at Finastra.
Come and join us - make our home your home and open up the world of finance!