Capital Markets - Weekend Release and Environment Manager
Your Responsibilities as a Release Manager:
The overall responsibility is to identify all the tasks that need to be coordinated, handled, scheduled and planned across a release.
You will sit within the Application Services team liaising with Product Owners, Project Managers, QA, Sec-Ops and Release Engineers. The Release Manager will orchestrate all Capital Markets deployments and upgrades.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with product owners to ensure release requirements are well-defined and prioritized;
- Report and resolve technical problems and website incidents alongside our Corporate Technology team;
- Hosting planning meetings to organize deployment activities;
- Design, configure, automate and maintain continues integration and continuous delivery pipelines to support software integration and deployment;
- Handling the deployment runbooks during execution;
- Review of Cash Flow Models for various Securitized Products, assist in building models by data analysis and research;
- Hosting washup review meetings post event.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to:
- Put project management methodologies in place e.g. schedules of work; progress reports etc.;
- Gain and maintain knowledge of application services supported systems and interfaces;
- Lead application deployment issues working closely with application owners;
- Be concise and exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills at all levels;
- Gain an in-depth knowledge for all LSEG business processes (especially change management).
You should also possess the following:
- Participate in release sprint meetings;
- Ensures that current release (PVR) fixes are applied to the latest code path by scrum teams;
- Review and sign off release package content;
- Run and track environment allocation;
- Lead new environment creation requests;
- Handle environment Configuration Management.
Ideally, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience within the Release Management function;
- Experience of Release Management tools (JIRA, Service Now, Remedy, Excel, Cutover);
- Some experience or knowledge of orchestration tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible);
- Experience of deployments to both physical and cloud based environments (preferably AWS);
- Experience in Linux operating systems;
- Project management experience including planning, resourcing and communication with sponsors;
- Application knowledge and experience preferably gained within a high-demand support environment in the financial services or exchange industry;
- Basic database and SQL knowledge;
- Exposure to basic network principles;
- Some experience of Control-M, HP Operations Manager, Subversion, Nexus is nice to have;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Confirmed ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems;
- Some knowledge of Capital Markets of working in financial industry would be preferred;
- Show initiative, be flexible and extraordinarily organized;
- Customer focused;
- ITIL qualification preferred but not essential.