This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Unix Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
This role involves being part of the Unix Project Provisioning team, which is in charge of the delivery of all the Unix projects across London Stock Exchange Group’s transactional and associated peripheral systems.
The main focus is the delivery of the projects, making sure we meet deadlines and that all the projects follow our standard methodologies. The core application technologies are the ultra-low latency Millennium IT developed trading, market data and clearing platforms, in addition to the FTSE, UnaVista and SOLA derivative engine. The aim of the role is to provide project delivery and support, input to technical designs, system build to design requirements and standards, service handover including operational testing.
The role involves in-depth technical work on the Linux platform and its hosted technologies. The candidate will be a team focussed self-starter, possessing a broad skillset covering systems administration and networking with some exposure to application support.
- You will implement and support infrastructure solutions across a number of trading and information platforms;
- Vendor agnostic installation and configuration of new server and peripheral hardware;
- Provide expertise on Red Hat Linux operating systems and associated Kickstart/PXEboot build technologies;
- Excellent knowledge in DevOps and automation tools: Satellite/Foreman/Ansible;
- Technical support provision for clustering solutions including Veritas Cluster Server, RHEL High Availability Extensions;
- Provide effective escalation and resolution of issues and problems to line management;
- Ensure live service support is maintained for all meaningful functions and significant problems requests are advanced appropriately;
- Correctly impact and manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and privileged access processes, liaising with other business and technical teams;
- You will support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and risk, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work, meeting deadlines;
- Focus on continuous service improvement and task automation across the department;
- Collaborate with engineering efforts for performance tuning, systems deployment, and configuration management through Ansible;
- Proactively identify operational risks and provide short term solutions whilst tracking the delivery of long term resolutions, reducing the number of recurring technical issues;
- Remain up to date with pertinent technologies to serve as a source of technical advice, and be fully able to understand and impact incidents at a low level;
- Evaluating 3rd party products and associated proof of concept environments;
- Provide input to architectural designs for network, infrastructure, database and applications;
- Identify and resolve latency and packet loss issues across InfiniBand and 10GbE fibre networks;
- You will develop and maintain an understanding of procedures and SLAs for all services supported;
- Align with all group security policies;
- License management to ensure legal compliance at all times;
- Writing and maintaining support documentation, technical specifications and user guides;
- Invoking level 3 support requests and managing their progression with vendors;
- Gain in depth knowledge of all core LSEG business processes.
Candidate Background and Skillset:
- Heavy experience in Linux operating systems (industry certifications advantageous);
- Systems support experience, preferably gained within a mission critical support environment in the financial services or exchange industry;
- Project management experience including planning, resourcing, communication with sponsors and an understanding of critical path analysis;
- Strong scripting and programming (BASH/Perl);
- Experience in provisioning tools like Satellite, Foreman and Ansible;
- Virtualisation technology experience;
- Experience with TCP/IP and basic routing principles;
- Fundamentals of Storage Area Networking;
- Experience of IBM and HP hardware, Nagios, Control-M, NetBackup, HP OpenView, Subversion, GIT, Jira and Remedy would be preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations staff, vendors and peers;
- Educated and holding a degree level qualification (preferably in an IT discipline);
- Trading application, finance, regulation, supervision or equity and derivative market knowledge;
- Appreciation of the business processes and their importance;
- Demonstrable ability to share information efficiently as part of a team to solve problems;
- Helpful to possess high performance solution exposure in the FPGA and GPU fields;
- ITIL qualification preferred but not essential.