Engineer, Database Administration
Are you ready to stretch your boundaries and join a global financial markets infrastructure business and a dynamic work environment to enable your long-term career development?
Our Information Services Division (ISD) goal is meeting the needs of financial market participants for fast, reliable and accurate information.
As a Sybase Database Engineer, you will work on a critical Sybase-dependant system behind FTSE indexing & analytics. You will be part of a global team of 10 database engineers, based in US, UK, Sri Lanka and Romania.
You will provide production and development support for all LSEG Sybase databases - this includes designing database systems in accordance with industry best practices and ensuring these systems are maintained to these standards; you will design, document the strategies for backup and recovery, performance analysis, data management and user and developer assistance, and also be a point of escalation for first line support.
As a Sybase Database Engineer, you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and maintain database build standards including security to industry standards, patching and high availability;
- Monitor and manage database resources to ensure optimum performance;
- Document and manage database server procedures such as backup and restore, upgrades and disaster recovery procedures;
- Provide database design support to development projects, performance tuning and diagnostics; review database application code and advise accordingly;
- Assist Unix administrators as necessary to support applications that use the databases, e.g. Weblogic Application Server, Apache server;
- Develop and maintain a strategy for database management to include both manual procedures/spot checks and automated alerts.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience with the following:
- Sybase Database Administration
- Sybase Replication Server / Agent
- SQL Server 2008 – 2016 Database Administration
- Database Infrastructure Installs, Upgrades and Patching
- Sybase Direct Connect / OpenSwitch
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery using Storage Based Replication
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle Databases (10g – 12c) - would be very favourably considered.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers