Storage Automation Engineer
Our global teams took on the challenge to make a difference in the way the global financial markets operate. Would you seek the same challenge?
Our Storage Team is responsible for managing the LSEG data storage infrastructure, ensuring enterprise storage, backup and archive services for LSEG are resilient and performant. You will collaborate with colleagues in architectural team to assess operational suitability of storage platforms and with the service and change management teams to ensure that all changes, operational and project comply with the minimum services standards and that service risks are minimized, and the service excellence process is a key area of focus.
As a Storage Automation Engineer, you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
- Log and own all assigned projects, incidents, problems and requests relating to storage, backup, archive and manage them through to restoration or resolution in accordance with the service level agreements to meet business needs.
- Assess work requests from clients and infrastructure teams to provide time and cost estimates and scheduling options. Work with other teams to produce quotes and project estimates.
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure successful transition of storage platforms into operational support.
- Provide hands-on technical knowledge where required to ensure service is maintained to agreed service levels and projects are delivered.
- Able to work out of hours as required to enable project delivery. Provide out of hours support to the offshore teams for escalated issues.
- Develop technical design overviews and business cases for projects. Produce Architectural, High-level, Low-level and operation documentation including disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure that the currency of the storage estate is maintained, highlighting operational requirements to refresh or replace technology to management in a dedicated and timely manner.
- Ensure that licensing and asset management is accurate, up to date and compliant.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience with the following:
- Automation using Ansible
- Dell EMC Isilon
- Dell EMC ECS
- Superna Eyeglass DR edition
- EMC enterprise storage systems
- Brocade enterprise storage area networking systems
And an appetite for the following:
- PureStorage Enterprise Storage Systems
- Hitachi enterprise storage systems
- Veritas enterprise level backup software and appliances
- Quantum high end tape backup libraries
- HDS archive systems
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers