Automation Engineer for Storage
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Automation Engineer for Storage active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Our global teams took on the challenge to make a difference in the way the global financial markets operate. Would you seek the same challenge? Our Storage Team is responsible for managing the LSEG data storage infrastructure, ensuring enterprise storage, backup and archive services for LSEG are resilient and performant. You will collaborate with colleagues in architectural team to assess operational suitability of storage platforms and with the service and change management teams to ensure that all changes, operational and project comply with the minimum services standards and that service risks are minimized, and the service excellence process is a key area of focus.
As an Automation Engineer for Storage, you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
- Log and own all assigned projects, incidents, problems and requests relating to storage, backup, archive and manage them through to restoration or resolution in accordance with the service level agreements to meet business needs
- Assess work requests from clients and infrastructure teams to provide time and cost estimates and scheduling options & work with other teams to produce quotes and project estimates
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure successful transition of storage platforms into operational support
- Provide hands-on technical knowledge where required to ensure service is maintained to agreed service levels and projects are delivered
- Develop technical design overviews and business cases for projects. Produce Architectural, High-level, Low-level and operation documentation including disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure that the currency of the storage estate is maintained, highlighting operational requirements to refresh or replace technology to management in a dedicated and timely manner.
- Ensure that licensing and asset management is accurate, up to date and compliant.
- Automation for Cloud and On-premise
- Automation and scripting using vendor toolsets
- DellEMC enterprise storage systems
- Dell Isilon and ECS unstructured data systems
- Hitachi enterprise storage systems
- PURE storage systems and replication
- Brocade SAN
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days