QA Software Engineer - Automation (C#)
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
Required skills and experience:
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Computer science or related area of study
- Formal SDLC experience using Agile methodologies
- 1-2 years of hands on experience in test automation development
- Experience using UI and API automation tools preferably CodedUI, Selenium, Java script
- Applied knowledge of QA methodology
- Understanding the concept relational database structure and usage
- Ability to manage priorities and conflicting timelines and work in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the companys success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to shift from automation to manual testing as required
- Good time-management skills
Nice to have skills:
- Preferable coding skills in one or more of the following: C#, Java, , Python or other similar scripting
- Hands on experience working with one or more of the following: VSTS, Octopus, Visual Studio, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, HP Quality Center, Jira
- Hands on experience creating and executing performance testing using performance testing tools
What will you contribute?
- The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing developing and executing back end automated tests, enhancing and maintaining test automation framework and designing and executing integrated regression test
- Responsibilities will also include creating and executing performance and load tests for projects
- QA Automation Engineer will work closely together with the assigned project scrum team and be an integral part of product delivery from planning to release
Your deliverables as a QA Automation Engineer will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work with the project scrum team to design, implement and execute an effective test strategy
- Work with the team to develop and execute both manual and automated test sets
- Work with the project scrum team to plan, analyze and estimate user stories
- Execute application functional and integration testing
- Maintain a source code repository of all scripts and programs related to automation framework and tests
- Track testing progress on QA automation as well as manual testing and report back to scrum team and manager
- Enhance test automation framework in a timely and accurate manner to extend technical QA capabilities for projects
- Work with the team to develop and execute performance and load test sets for each project
- Log and track detailed defects in Jira
Our Mission and Vision:
Our vision is to unlock the potential of people and businesses by creating the #1 open platform for innovation in the world of financial services.
Our mission is the journey we are on to deliver this vision, and we are well underway, having launched FusionFabric.cloud in 2019. Already recognized as a secure, industry-leading cloud platform, we've partnered with the largest and most vibrant partner and developer ecosystems to create a hugely scalable environment that fosters collaboration and rapid innovation for all.
Inside Finastra, our ambition is to be the most loved and inclusive fintech in the world. Our people across the globe are diverse, talented and open. And we are always looking for the most creative and inspiring minds to join the team. Whoever you are, you're welcome at Finastra.
Come and join us - make our home your home and open up the world of finance!