Junior Java Developer
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach.
The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology, and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups.
BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
In Romania, we are present since 2007, currently employing over 500 people in our three offices in Bucharest, Sibiu, Timisoara, and Iasi.
- MSc or BSc Degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering;
- Good knowledge of OOP Principles, Java and SQL acquired in at least one year of development experience;
- Experience with versioning control systems (GIT);
- Passion for solid technical design and clean code;
- High interest in continuous learning and development (tools, technologies, methodologies);
- A self-dependent working attitude;
- Very good communication capabilities;
- English is mandatory, German is a plus;
- Experience with RDBMS systems (Oracle) is a plus;
- Experience with Application Servers (WildFly) is a plus;
- Knowledge of AGILE principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) is a plus;
- Knowledge of business processes and experience in a large company is a plus.
Attractive compensation package
- Fixed salary compensation along with Yearly Evaluation and performance-related bonus scheme;
- Meal Tickets, Easter and Christmas Gift Vouchers;
- Seniority Bonus and Referral Bonus.
Health and Well-being
- WorldClass Gym Discounts and 7Card Partnership;
- Weekly Fruit Day;
- Onsite Chair Massage;
- Private Medical Subscription for employees and family (children, spouse/ life partner);
- Life and Accident Insurance.
Personal and professional development
- Personal development through mentorship and coaching;
- German / French Language Courses at any level;
- Complete training certification curricula available (tailored courses);
- E-Learning System available for all employees;
- Firm-Wide and Regional level trainings;
- Possibility to work for top clients internationally.
- Between 23 and 30 vacation days;
- Flexible schedule and work from home option available.
ABACUS is our high-quality standardized software solution for bank and insurance supervisory and is the market-leading off-the-shelf strategic risk aggregation and regulatory reporting platform.
We need your support for:
- Maintaining and extending a highly complex Java application based on a flexible client-server architecture as well as a relational database for data maintenance;
- Playing a key role in our highly qualified and diverse development team;
- Working, sharing knowledge and ideas as part of our AGILE and international development organization.
Technology stack: Java SE, Java EE, SQL, Oracle DB, WildFly, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, BitBucket, XML, JSON, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Junit.
We are BearingPoint RegTech (Solutions)
BearingPoint is a leading international provider of innovative regulatory and risk technology solutions (RegTech and RiskTech) and services along the Regulatory Value Chain for Financial Services.
Based on 25 years of experience in regulation and more than 10 years in managed services, we offer a unique portfolio of software and services from a single source: Innovative regulatory, risk management, and tax reporting solutions and services for the financial industry.
We work closely with regulators and as a member of standardization bodies such as the XBRL consortium, we actively contribute to the standard-setting process. Our knowhow resulting from these activities feeds our regulatory maintenance service providing ongoing product updates in line with changing regulations.