Video Operations 2nd Line Engineer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Vodafone Shared Services Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Video Operations 2nd Line Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Telecomunicatii active pe Hipo.ro
Your day to day: Manages and maintains the telecommunications networks of the operational groups in the Vodafone European Hub. With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in the IP / IPTV infrastructure of different Operators from the Vodafone Group and escalates to different vendors if necessary.
- Solves technical issues reported by the monitoring department (Front Office)
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues.
- Performs emergency recovery actions for components in the IPTV infrastructure.
- Captures logs and debug information from IPTV equipment
- Documents temporary and permanent fixes that were deployed
- Performs emergency configuration actions in order to solve issues raised after the deployment of changes or during incidents impacting the IPTV infrastructure.
- Performs planned maintenance actions according with the high risk changes.
- Involved in network upgrade activities, software upgrades and IPTV infrastructure parameter changes maintaining the quality of service and avoiding platform dysfunctionalities.
- Implements preventive maintenance actions
- Daily monitoring of performance indicators of IPTV infrastructure.
- Coordinates integration / acceptance testing for new network elements in the IPTV infrastructure.
- Provides notifications according with agreed time intervals and transmits relevant technical information related to incidents to all stakeholders.
- Escalates technical issues to next level of support (Vendor, 3rd level support).
- Regularly participates in internal and external training sessions in order to improve their technical skills
- Provides ideas and feedback to develop and improve the processes and procedures used in Regional NOC
- Trains the monitoring operators (1st Line) and new employees in Regional NOC.
- Technical studies: University of Electronics, area 1-2 years of experience in operations and support of Microsoft / Cisco IP / Virtualization infrastructures
- Basic knowledge related to IPTV concepts and REST / SOAP API concepts
- Capability to work with common Windows and Web applications
- Basic / Advanced Windows Server / Unix knowledge; streaming / content management knowledge; IP transport Swithcing, QoS); Cloud concepts / certifications (AWS / Azure)
- Spoken/written English language knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience in operations and support of IPTV / OTT infrastructures (TV headend, IP multicast, coding/decoding, streaming, encryption, backend platforms, EPG, VOD)
- CISCO / Juniper
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of
- Work from Home – You can have home office 1 day per week
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers