Junior Part-time Software Developer; Expand your knowledge, gain experience and get certified
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
What we hope to find in you:
- An avid desire to learn and a great curiosity level 😊
- A bachelor degree in Software DevelopmentIT or a senior student with coding knowledge and a desire to progress
- Programming skills procedural and OOP. Functional would be a plus
- Technologies: we use Oracle VBCS and Oracle JET as a tech stack, but relevant experience would constitute knowledge of any of these technologies (either is good, not all are required):
o Front-end development technologies
Oracle VBCS + Oracle JET
Java (AngularJS, React, KnockoutJS, JQuery), HTML, CSS
o Continuous integration and continuous delivery tool sets
GITLab, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
o Container technologies
Docker, Kubernetes, Wercker, etc
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX commandsutilities Linux administration would be nice
- Knowledge of a ing language like Bash, Perl or Python will be nice
Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
How can you help us?
Our current focus is on the front-end, hence we are looking for talented front-end future colleagues.
There will be one Saturday every quarter (3 months) when you will be required to work to help the maintenance of our application.
Why should you choose us? Here are just a few reasons:
- You will be part of a united team, where you can let your skills shine, but also learn from other professionals with skills in areas like development, devops, operations, build, infrastructure and site reliability engineering. You will feel the power of one of the largest software companies in the world, fueling your professional and personal growth all IT cultures are represented within Oracle and you will deploy your code into some of the most performant Data Centers in the world, equally used by Oracle and our competitors.
- You will be involved throughout the whole product lifecycle, from gathering requirements to designing, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining our software, thus having the chance to experience the full product development process.
- Our organization is devoted to personal development to the point where we allocate 10% of our work time exclusively to learning. We have an experienced training advisor coaching our team and working with us to fulfill our learning needs.
- We have projects written in Oracle Visual Builder with Oracle Jet, Angular, React, Node JS, APEX, PLSQL, Shell and Python, so, in time, you can contribute to all of them.
- We offer flexible working options for students or graduates who pursue Masters degrees
- We offer many benefits.