Global Indirect Procurement | Resale Category Manager
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
- Bachelor or masters degree
- 6+ years of experience in the procurement function.
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and highly complex suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise leading complex commercial negotiations.
- Ability to independently draft and negotiate legal contractual documents. Applies cause and effect thinking to identify complex or emerging contract risk areas. Capable of independently drafting custom contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes. Subject matter expertise on known and emerging contracting principles. Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and supply chain modeling skills. Drives the development and efficiency of procurement tools and applications
- Advanced communication skills, including presentation to executive audiences. Strong Program Management Skills, incorporating multiple projects
- Advanced ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Proven ability and experience in engaging, influencing and collaborating across multiple functions, business units and regions, including at the senior management levels
- Proven ability to convert business requirements into appropriate procurement solutions
- Ability to successfully maneuver in complex global and virtual environments
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other professional certification will be a plus.
Lead a complex procurement category; including data and industry analysis; communication reports and results back to business partner executives.
As an individual contributor, provide leadership and subject matter expertise for a complex, international, cross-functional team.
Identify complex or emerging contract risk areas. You will be assessing customer agreements and ensuring the flow-down of customer requirements into subcontractor agreements. Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using custom solutions. Advises executive-level business leaders on all contract risk areas.
Meet with stakeholder business executives to discuss the impact of GIP strategic developments on overall business and to develop forward-thinking strategies; influences the industry or marketplace for complex categories; engages with market leaders.
Lead complex Supplier selection Activities. Drives supply base optimization.
Partner with suppliers in forward-thinking strategic development and relationship building.
Develop strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operations improvement. Innovates complex business models, drives associated strategies and influences the marketplace.
Influence a labor category strategy across multiple business units.
Research and analyze industry information and market trends pertaining to global technology labor, law, and emerging geographies.
Act as an advocate for change and assist in the management of change issues with stakeholders and suppliers
Develop close relationships within GIPs Business Partner community, to identify opportunities for needs consolidation and demand management to be incorporated into a GIPs strategy; and gain information on standards, roadmaps, marketing direction to ensure alignment
Influence senior management and other key stakeholders to ensure sponsorship of strategies and successful execution of plans
Ensure that established business control standards are applied to all engagements
Manage the on-going execution and delivery of global strategies
Operate in a fast-paced environment chartered with managing a multitude of diverse and complex procurement projects
Consider how present policies, processes, and methods might be affected by future developments and trends