Requirement/System Engineer - PSS TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Requirement/System Engineer - PSS TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
Our components for Passive Safety Systems provide drivers' protection in unpleasant situation of a crash event. One of the most important safety system's parts in the car - the Airbag Control Unit (ACU) - is managing the deployment on the airbags in such a way that the car occupants' injuries are reduced as much as possible. The ACU module is designed based on the newest technologies in automotive area, receiving information from distant sensors placed in several locations in the car: side pillars, inside doors, behind the front bumper etc.
As a System Engineer you will:
* coordinate the management of requirements together with all other involved disciplines;
* Ensure a complete and released set of requirements for the product/platform;
* Initiate the project specific RE approach regarding Requirements Management Tool, Trace-ability, stakeholder exchange process;
* Approve the requirements baseline and feature list.
* Design highly complex systems or products;
* Define core methods and processes for platform and specification development;
* Conceive system interfaces and business application prototypes;
* Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses;
* Influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the architecture used across multiple platforms;
* Provide technical expertise for next generation initiatives. Responsibilities:
* Analyze / Validate customer requirements documents for completeness and make them available in requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS)
* Analyze and link customer requirements specifications to Continental specifications.
* Maintain traceability between customer requirements and internal requirements.
* Clarify missing and/or unclear requirements with customer and agree on acceptance criteria
* Document the requirements describing behavior of the system completely
* Verify quotation from requirements perspective.
* Verify completeness of requirement implementation at each customer and internal event.
* Ensure that deviations are identified, documented and agreed (Compliance List).
* Define which requirement have to be prepared and allocate them to System, Software and Hardware Level. Coordinate the management of requirements together with the other R&D disciplines
* Ensure that all system requirements have been reviewed and approved.
* Ensure a complete and released set of requirement for the product
* Ensure system requirements alignment with development teams worldwide.
* Participate actively in knowledge transfer between application and platform teams and different worldwide development locations.
* Approve coverage of all requirements in feature list.
* Support SW Engineers for refinement of specifications.
* Support test team during system validation phase.
* Support sales team in acquisitions for activities in terms of technical quotations.
* University degree (i.e. Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics)
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to provide "the big picture" for involved stakeholders
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of embedded systems
* Design and architectural experience is a plus
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
A plus would experience with German language
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.