Environment Artist for Ubisoft Craiova
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Based on your responsibilities, we are looking for the following skill set:
• Experience in 3D modelling (high poly & low poly) alongside 2D graphic skills;
• Experience with 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Z-Brush, Photoshop etc.
• Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail;
• Very good communication skills;
• Curiosity and a strong interest in the video game industry;
• Team player, building good relationships and proactive;
• Easily adaptable, able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software;
• Creative, with high standards;
• Responsible and resourceful;
• Efficient and hardworking;
• Positive attitude;
• Good knowledge of English.
Abilities that will make you shine:
• Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus;
• Knowledge of other 2D-3D software is considered a plus;
• Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus;
• Leadership skills are considered a plus.
It is mandatory to share the portfolio while submitting the application. Applications without portfolio wont be considered.
The Ubisoft Craiova studio is looking for an Environment Artist to join our ambitious Production team.
An Environment Artist at Ubisoft takes part in creating the vast Open Worlds in which our games take place. Building Open World Games brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in modeling & texturing, as well as in level art & lighting. The Environment Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of composition and architecture principles in order to create esthetic, functional and immersive locations.
You are a click away to JOIN a passionate team with an excellent artistic & technical knowledge, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games that stand out for their quality.
Your Responsibilities will be:
• Create environments in tight collaboration with Level Designers;
• Determine the objects and layout compositions required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay;
• Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction;
• Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
• Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
• Understand and apply graphic principles;
• Use artistic references to improve visuals;
• Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
• Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.
Ubisoft has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992. Ubisoft Craiova opened in 2008 and has been an important component in strengthening its foundation.
The studio has experience in video games development and works on the production and testing of some of the most iconic AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon.
Ubisoft Craiova is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.