QA Software Engineer - Automation
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
Required skills and experience:
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Computer science or related area of study
- Formal SDLC experience using Agile methodologies
- 1-2 years of hands on experience in test automation development
- Experience using UI and API automation tools preferably CodedUI, Selenium, Java
- Applied knowledge of QA methodology
- Understanding the concept relational database structure and usage
- Ability to manage priorities and conflicting timelines and work in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the companys success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to shift from automation to manual testing as required
- Good time-management skills
Nice to have skills:
- Hands on experience working with one or more of the following: VSTS, Octopus, Visual Studio, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, HP Quality Center, Jira
- Hands on experience creating and executing performance testing using performance testing tools
What will you contribute?
As a member of Cheque Technologies Quality Engineering team, the QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing developing and executing back end automated tests, enhancing and maintaining test automation framework and designing and executing integrated regression test suites across all projects within Cheque Technologies. Responsibilities will also include creating and executing performance and load tests for projects. QA Automation Engineer will work closely together with the assigned project scrum team and be an integral part of product delivery from planning to release.
Your deliverables as a QA Automation Engineer will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work with the project scrum team to design, implement and execute an effective test strategy
- Work with the team to develop and execute both manual and automated test sets
- Work with the project scrum team to plan, analyze and estimate user stories
- Execute application functional and integration testing
- Maintain a source code repository of all s and programs related to automation framework and tests
- Track testing progress on QA automation as well as manual testing and report back to scrum team and manager
- Enhance test automation framework in a timely and accurate manner to extend technical QA capabilities for projects
- Work with the team to develop and execute performance and load test sets for each project
- Log and track detailed defects in Jira
Did you know that majority of people/organizations in Canada choose to use a paper based Cheque as a payment method? Businesses and Consumers have been doing so for over 100 years and many continue to do so. When a cheque is used in Canada, there is a very good chance that D+H’s name is behind it. D+H Cheque Services Corporation (a division of Finastra) is the cheque supplier and trusted partner to many of the banks and credit unions in Canada.
In Cheque technologies, you would be given an opportunity to be part of a team which innovates and re-engineers technology that drives majority of revenue for Canadian TEMS business. That includes building use of Cloud Azure environment, development on open source NOP commerce platform, use of tools and frameworks such as MVC, Angular, ASP.net, C# etc. If you are eager to see your new ideas materialize and you are ready to be a part of an innovative team, this is a perfect opportunity for you!