5g System Architect
In Romania, Wipro has development centers in Bucharest and Timisoara and is present since more than 10 years. Today, the company's facilities in Romania serve more than 30 clients in Europe, supported by over 1200 employees. Wipro's clients in Romania span across the retail and consumer goods, healthcare, manufacturing and telecom industries, among others.Requirements
The job objectives include:
• 5G Technology: Analyze software tasks (Functional specifications and interfaces)
• Produces software specifications
• Design software architecture
• Write program in appropriated language (Encoding)
• Write software usage terms
• Carry out system tests
• Participate in software validation in system integration
• Ensure technical support in deployment and usage stages
5G Engineer Job responsibilities include the following:
• Focus is on developing L1 PHY (Network’s L1 physical layer) software components like L1 controller and L1 DSP software modules.
• Involve in requirements gathering, design, development, integration and testing of these modules.
• Read and understand the 5G areas in 3GPP specification to get inputs for development of L1 controller procedures and modules
• Carry out unit testing for the software developed and debug any issues that come up during development cycle
• Co-ordinate with L2 and Field/System test teams to understand various interfaces and design/develop accordingly
• Report progress to management, identify risks during software development cycle and take necessary actions to mitigate the risks
In summary, the responsibilities include: Design, code and test product features in an agile working environment and troubleshoot both internal and customer issues while developing test plans for sub-system and nodal-level testing.
The project is on development, integration and testing of software components for a 5G product. Our client is coming up with a new 5G modem SoC (Silicon on Chip) and Wipro is involved in software development of various modules for it. The software modules will be in L1 Physical layer and will undergo development, unit testing, integration and system testing cycles.