Data Scientist for Financial Markets
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong knowledge of standardised languages for interacting with relational databases, in particular SQL
• Strong knowledge of programming languages, in particular Python and/or R
• Knowledge of Apache SPARK and of Big Data Technologies
• Strong knowledge of Data Visualization software for creating dashboard and reporting documents, in particular Tableau and/or Power BI
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Strong command in English
• Understanding of financial markets and market microstructure
• Accuracy and flexibility to work in a fast and demanding context
Markets Pricing is responsible for structuring pricing schemes for the London Stock Exchange Group’s markets, for both listing and trading services. Pricing, together with Product, Place and Promotion, is one of the four Ps of the Marketing Mix. The London Stock Exchange Group manages this key function with a dedicated team which analyses clients’ behaviour, business needs and competitors’ initiatives to propose the proper pricing scheme for each product/service.
The role requires creation and management of sensitive pricing analytics, with the purpose to support pricing initiatives and with a consequent direct contribution to the group’s commercial success.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• Develop Pricing Analytics, which include clients’ behaviour analysis, price response functions, scenario simulations
• Support the structuring of pricing initiatives, guaranteeing coherence across LSEG Capital Markets and satisfaction of LSEG business and financial objectives, taking into account clients’ needs and competitors
• Automation of existing and new analysis
• Monitoring the impact of LSEG pricing initiatives
• Market intelligence and competitor analysis aimed at guaranteeing the competitiveness of pricing initiatives
• The role is challenging and suits a candidate who is extremely capable, dedicated and has the flexibility to deal with a variety of different, complex and sensitive issues.
• The candidate will be strongly encouraged to propose innovation and new way of thinking, while guaranteeing the delivery on time and to the quality required.
• The sensitivity of data and the direct impact on the profitability of the Group require strong accuracy, attention to details and sense of responsibility.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.