Azure Developer Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Microsoft active
View all jobs Azure Developer Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more about Jobs at Microsoft Romania and apply.
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
At Microsoft CSS (Customer Service and Support), the sentence: “That’s not our problem” doesn’t exist in our lexicon. With more than 4,000 employees, we deliver world-class assistance around the clock to businesses, partners and developers in 24 languages.
The CSS (Customer Service and Support), provides high technical service and 3rd and 4th level support for Microsoft’s European Enterprise and Development customers.
Since the CSS (Customer Service and Support), is a continuous learning environment, we’ll make a significant investment in your technical and professional development, yet much of your growth will be self-directed. Moreover, you will be actively involved with mentoring, training and collaborating with other Engineers to make our team fast, stronger and smarter at handling critical issues for Microsoft customers
Contract: Contingent Staff
Skills & Qualifications
· Solid foundation and background in Microsoft products and technologies.
· Infrastructure / Network Administration
· Strong TCPIP routing knowledge and understanding of the protocol
· Troubleshooting at the expert level within large network environments
· Packet sniffers and / or Netmon
· VPN, DirectAccess, IPsec, IPv6
· DHCP, DNS
· SMB, CIFS, HTTP
· Virtual Switching, Virtual Networks, NVGRE, Load Balancing
· Notions of Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud
· Knowledge of Hyper-V Networking and notions of Software Defined Networking Technologies
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers and client operating Systems
· Basic knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, others…)
· Knowledge of BGP routing protocol
· Automation / Scripting skills using Power Shell, VB Scripts, XML etc.
· Programming skills in C, C++, ASP, C#, XML, .NET, etc.
· Assembly fundamentals
· Notions of trace and dump analysis
· Background in Software testing and Technical training
· Knowledge of an European language other than English
· Customer focused.
· Technically credible.
· Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
· Able to work well under pressure and meet commitments.
· Ability to communicate with international customers (cultural awareness).
· Degree in Computer Science preferred or, alternatively, in a technical discipline.
· Desirable MCSD, MCSE, MCSA or other Microsoft certification(s) in some of the technologies mentioned above.
· Communicate with customers, CSS engineers and appropriate subsidiary staff via electronic correspondence or telephone. Assist with onsite support regarding mission critical problems experienced with the supported technology & product within your team.
· Solve complex level of problems, involving broad product knowledge or functionality speciality redirected by CSS or escalated by EMEA subsidiary sites. Provide solutions that satisfy customers which will involve handling difficult situations (complaint handling, sensitive customer, mission critical).
· Take an active role in challenging and suggesting enhancements on existing processes and workflow.
· Develop own technical & functional knowledge on products/technologies related to the team scope.
· Write technical articles in order to distribute technical information to all Customers, CSS engineering and subsidiary staff.
· Attend triage meetings with local CSS engineers to share knowledge and efficiently develop customer solutions.
· Develop and deliver internal CSS and customer technical trainings/workshops in speciality areas.
· Perform technical mentoring and assisting of CSS engineers and SMS&P to ensure the quality of support given.
· Preparation and Delivery of pro-active support services (Supportability Reviews and Expert Roundtables). Contribute to those topics in supported technology and define scope of upcoming technologies.
· Assist with special projects as assigned (International Business & Process Improvement). Assist in special projects in conjunction with other MS departments (MCS, Pre Sales …).
· Assist in hot-site issues by setting customer expectations, devising action plans and communicating to BG, SMS&P, partners and customers.
· Use sophisticated tools to analyze complex problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
· Assist in representing Microsoft in any forum (i.e. seminars, technical or marketing, conferences event).
· Work with local marketing people for product feedback & new product launches.
· May participate in 24x7 rotation based on products/technologies knowledge (Country dependent).
In return we will give you:
Exposure to Microsoft technologies
Access to emerging products and technologies
Developing a level of product knowledge well above the average system administrator
Mobile phone and laptop
Competitive salary package
Our ideas touch the lives of individuals everywhere and they are born in an environment designed to encourage collaboration, openness and innovation.
We want you to join in, influence, learn, challenge, agree and disagree. When you work for Microsoft, you’re free to express yourself your way!
Please note that your resume will be entered in our data base and may be used in further recruitment events.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.