Automotive Software Quality Engineer
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for defining and tracking quality goals for multiple software projects. They will work closely with software developers to ensure that processes are followed and software is properly developed and tested. This includes:
· Deep knowledge in software quality engineering
· Experience with Automotive SPICE is required
· Experience with ISO26262 functional safety standards is required
· Business fluency in English is a prerequisite
· Process oriented
· Strong analytical skills and familiarity with complex environments
· Very good verbal and presentation skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong social competence and ability to work across and integrate multi-cultural teams and interfaces
· Monitoring automotive software development for quality requirements
· Driving the Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) management model with software development teams
· Driving the ISO26262 (Functional Safety) methodologies with software development teams
· Perform assessments of software quality performance
· Reporting quality metrics
· Working with test teams to ensure quality goals are met
· Develop and review software documentation
· Uses SQA tools for developing and reporting quality metrics
Qualifications and Experience
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required with a preference for a computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent.
Experience: A successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in software quality assurance / engineering with a strong focus on automotive processes and standards.
This position requires strong technical expertise that can drive, develop and mentor this product line.