Mechanical Engineer - Component Responsible - PTC TSR
The Powertrain division combines innovative and efficient system solutions for the powertrains of today and tomorrow. In line with the central theme of clean power, the products make driving more environmentally compatible and cost-efficient, while also enhancing comfort, convenience and driving enjoyment.
Our story began fifteen years ago with three engineers who were at the beginning of their journey. In time, our team and our experience have grown and now we are ready to face new challenges and to create more innovative products for our clients. We develop different products for both passenger and commercial cars, but our focus is for actuators development. Now we are looking for a new colleague in the Mechanical team who wants to grow up professionally with us. We could say that we are serious, but also funny, responsible, creative and you can find that out by coming to meet us! Your main responsibilities will include:
* Coordinate worldwide supplier related activities as part of Mechanical Engineering group responsible for the design of NOx Exhaust Gas Sensors.
* Work actively within a mechanical. engineering design group spread across 2 locations.
* Oversee the supplier's creation and release of new tools within given timelines.
* Align constantly with design engineers and with other departments.
* Regular communication with suppliers to clarify plans and expectations. availability to traveling.
* Negotiate technical characteristics and timelines with suppliers.
* Check inspection reports and give feedback to supplier.
* Perform troubleshooting and risk assessments when necessary.
* Responsible for mechanical engineering topics during new supplier sourcing. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
* Relevant working experience in mechanical design - will be a plus.
* Orientation towards supplier manufacturing processes.
* Good technical skills and ability in interpreting technical drawing.
* Knowledge of die-cast , injection molding, deep-drawing, punching and machining technologies.
* Experience in using CAD tools (Creo, etc.).
* Very good English knowledge (German would be very welcome).
* Good MS Office knowledge and skills.
* Availability to traveling.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team.
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.).
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area).
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.