Senior Quality Engineer Functional
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
- At least 5 years experience in a workflow driven environment (ideally software testing);
- Experience with financial/ banking software;
- Experience in planning, monitoring, coordinating and risk mitigation for activities/projects;
- Able to quickly understand new concepts;
- Act both as a team player and self-learner;
- Possess analytical thinking, be detail oriented and well-organized;
- Be able to communicate effectively with persons holding different roles;
- Good understanding about software testing;
- Basic technical skills or interest in IT (like messaging, database, user interface technologies);
- Bachelor or master degree in Finance, Capital Markets or Computer Science;
- Medium/ advanced financial knowledge related to banking and/ or capital markets concepts;
- Good written and spoken English.
What will you contribute?
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be at the core of the development process of financial software for large investment banks. Start by working with Business Analysts to understand requirements in order to design test cases that prove the applications are fit-for-use. Then, go ahead to confirm the features work fine by manual and automated testing and, where you spot a defect, support improvements by working with Development team. In QA you can always be the first customer and you are free to go for achieving a good balance between finance knowledge, testing skills and technical aspects in a fast paced and complex environment.
Your deliverables as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and implement test strategy for each QA deliverable, based on business requirements, individual input and cooperation with Development, Customer Support and Product Management teams;
- Report software issues, work closely with the development team to fix them and validate provided solutions;
- Contribute to all software testing types like functional, regression, automation, performance, documentation;
- Provide feedback on the quality of the project/product through meetings, testing progress reports and communication with the project team/ stakeholders;
- Support from a quality assurance perspective the client’s software usage in production;
- Act as a software quality advocate throughout development, testing, delivery and implementation phases of software development life-cycle;
- Benefit from internal knowledge transfer and support new joiners in their development;
- Use individual creativity and experience to improve software and processes quality.