Support with Unix PL/SQL
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Requirements
• You have minimum 2 years of working in Unix environments (KSH shell scripting, Unix processes, jobs, file permissions knowledge);
• You have minimum 2 years of experience in programming in PL/SQL in an Oracle 11 or 12 environment. Particularly skilled in PL/SQL packages and procedures, queries, Oracle database optimizations (indexing, partitioning, execution plans), database management (rights, tables/dataspaces management);
• You have advanced level of English; French is a plus;
• You have strong background in IT area, preferable in banking projects;
• Good understanding of IT projects lifecycle – understanding of business and functional specifications, analyze and elaborate technical specifications, estimation, testing, support.
• IT knowledge – Polytechnic/ preferably Computer Science, Cybernetic from Academy of Economic Studies, Mathematics and Informatics Faculty;
• Regulatory projects and adjustments at the request of the regulator;
• Application maintenance in response to technical evolutions in related applications;
• Monitoring and adapting the code as requested in various requests (technical specifications, performance, security);
• Improvement solutions/plans - in accordance to the development standards and architectural rules of the group.
• Involvement in the project life-cycle and development after requirements: analyze (technical impact studies, estimation, planning), implementation (technical specifications, coding and unit tests), delivery in different environments (development, integration, UAT and production), support the business owner in the testing phase (in UAT)
• Involvment in the RUN activities: application support in the production environment, control of the execution
We also value:
• Knowledge of Control-M job scheduler and/or code versioning software (Subversion preferred);
• Oracle certifications in SQL, PL/SQL or database administration are a plus;
• AIX certifications in system administration are a plus;
• Responsible and committed in fulfilling the objectives;
• Open-mind and motivated to learn new technologies.