Office Support Engineer with German
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more and apply.
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Microsoft envisions a mobile-first, cloud-empowered world. A world of endless possibilities. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate in order to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We’re a glimpse ahead, reinventing the way we work, play, learn and do business. Bring your vision to ours!
YOU are an analytical person, passionate about technology. You enjoy taking things apart and building them back together, because understanding and solving technically complex issues is what drives you. You are looking for highly experienced colleagues to help you deepen your technical knowledge. At the same time, you thrive in an international environment by communicating well in German/French and English with knowledgeable IT professionals within large corporate customers and by maintaining long-lasting business relationships with them.
Depending on your level of seniority and if you already have some knowledge of the following technologies (and wish to learn the others), you are the right person for this team.
Good knowledge of Windows OS, 7, 8 and 10 (Program Files, Control panel, where to find things, registry, Processes, services)
Networking skills and familiarity with communication protocols (ftp, http, etc)
Good knowledge of Office Applications
Object oriented programming: C++
Scripting: VBS, PowerShell
COM = Component Object Model
VBA is the extra PLUS
* Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
* Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
* Act internally as a customer advocate.
* Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
* Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
* Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
* Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.