Web Publisher (Contractor Role)
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Web project management experience
• Knowledge of hand-coding HTML (i.e. using a text editor) as well as standard commercial HTML authoring tools (e.g. Dreamweaver).
• Familiarity with content management systems
2 or more of the following will help your application
• 2 years + of web production / front end development / design experience in a corporate or commercial environment.
• Knowledge of Multilingual SEO
• Experience of using Oracle content management systems from Web Center Sites
• Formal Project Management training/experience
• Priority Languages knowledge: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic
• Additional languages of interest: Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese
• Knowledge of Web Analytics
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Online portfolio of work
Candidate should have platform experience with Windows PC.
Candidate should possess excellent communication skills, with good level of business English written and verbal.
The ability to accurately quantify production time scales is necessary.
Candidate should be willing and able to learn.
Candidate should offer a flexible and innovative approach and should be a team player with a professional attitude.
Qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
Role and responsibilities include:
• Acting as the go-to person on the assigned projects.
• Managing stakeholders, including identification, communication, setting expectations, providing updates and engagement, etc.
• Managing and driving translation schedule for the area of the responsibility/site section (pages, languages, update frequency, managing translation process)
• Typically acting as key resource for translation process
• Engaging team resources to support the publishing and translation process
• Managing and executing localisation-related activities (Bill of Materials, Request Management, Demand Gen)
• Manage Digital Governance (broken links, addressing issues, compliance etc. using reporting tools.)
• Managing Multi-lingual SEO
• Regular reporting on project milestones
*the role offers a 1-year contract with view to extension
Summary: The Web Publisher with Translation Project Leadership provides implementation, production, publishing and testing for web deliverables produced by Oracle.com International Team.
Oracle works with translation vendors, via an integrated workflow process; you will be responsible for helping to drive this process for content sections of the site.
This will include working across virtual teams globally, stakeholder management, content candidate selection and retirement through to submission, retrieval and publishing.
Responsible for projects and content section translation, as well as localisation on Oracle.com will be the primary focus, with associated day-to-day publishing, quality control and reporting duties.
On the job training will be provided for Oracle systems tools and processes associated with the role.
Job Purpose and Background
The Web Publisher works on the company International sites, providing implementation and support for country website content as required, managed through the Oracle.com engagement and life cycle management processes. This includes web publishing, content processing and content management of both flat and multimedia content.
Responsibilities also include liaising with Oracle personnel, country managers and content providers, with design consultancy, web solutions and task prioritisation decisions as appropriate.
Working closely with a wide variety of Oracle internal and external agency staff, good interpersonal and self-management skills are required. Tasks allocated to the web publisher may involve co-ordination and collaboration work with program creation groups or other business units.
Representing the production arm of Branding and Creative, the Web Publisher will exercise with good discipline the processes and methodologies of the team.
The Web Publisher will be expected to documentation and produce timely and accurate reports for all their activities.