Senior Legal Counsel
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
- Excellent English and communication skills;
- Qualified solicitor, ideally (part) educated in an English-speaking jurisdiction;
- At least 5 years of work experience post qualification in an international environment;
- Prior work experience in the software industry;
- Experienced and skillful in using online resources like PLC, legal databases and general search engines to familiarize with new legal matters;
- Drafting of new contracts/template terms/policies.
We are looking at an individual who is:
- Proactive in any respect;
- Flexible in approach and able to deal with a range of different matters throughout the day;
- Enjoys exploring new subjects without prior expertise;
- Drafting and negotiation of software agreements with customers and (technology) suppliers: proprietary software licences, SAAS agreements, PAAS agreements, OEM and other distribution agreements;
- Trademark Portfolio Management: set and ensure compliance with Branding & Trademark Strategy, advise on new applications, oppositions, litigation and other matters;
- Partner business: maintain and negotiate partner contracts, including Agents, OEM, Technology Partners, services subcontractors;
- Open Source and Free Software strategy and day to day management;
- Data protection/GDPR compliance;
- Legal budget management;
- Corporate compliance: sanctions, export control, anti-bribery, gifts and entertainment, whistleblowing, modern slavery.
The position reports to the Associate General Counsel.