At Lenovo, innovation isn’t just what we do, it’s part of our DNA. It doesn’t just make us who we are, it flows through everything we do—from the smartphone in your pocket and light bulbs in your smart home to the servers in your data center. And beyond.Requirements
Candidates must possess knowledge/experience in the following areas:
• Ability to create and maintain Bill-of-Materials (BOM) and product structures, subassemblies and components
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Self-motivated and able to work completely self-directed once training is complete, while also having strong teaming skills
• Basic computer architecture knowledge (memory hierarchy, processors, GPUs, etc.)
• Knowledge of datacenter hardware components, including networking, servers and storage
• Basic understanding of Python and/or Perl
• GIT or other source code control knowledge
• Knowledge of/exposure to product structures, subassemblies and components
• Experience working in global, cross-functional team to improve processes and increase efficiency
• Knowledge of worldwide regulatory requirements for product release.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or business (with hardware and basic programming knowledge).
• Solutions development experience is recommended.
Work with solution architects to create Bill-Of-Materials (BOM’s) for each release and maintain as needed; with guidance from Engineering Change lead, create and release product release structures, leveraging existing scripts and writing new ones to gain efficiencies; work with solution architect to create and maintain “Best Recipe” of validated and supported hardware and software for each major and minor release, including updates for security fixes; execute Lenovo PCRB process to release HPC-solution-only hardware components as required.