Junior SQL Engineer, Cloud Transition Services
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs The Access Group active
View all jobs Junior SQL Engineer, Cloud Transition Services active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Want the freedom to show how good you are? If you want to work with loads of talented people to create software that makes millions of people's lives better every day.. Come and Talk to Us!
Skill Requirements - Essential
• A passion for delivering high quality technical services
• Demonstrate an aptitude for technical work (SQL, databases, programming)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• A drive to continually improve processes and systems
• The ability to plan, prioritise and work on several projects at once
• Be proactive and foresighted.
• The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
• The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with effective communication skills, actual and virtual
• Some programming experience
• An understanding of relational databases
Skill Requirements - Desirable
• System configuration experience
• Data manipulation and importing
• An understanding of SQL and able to write simple queries
• Software Testing or QA work
• Experience of working with or exposure to web technologies
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Math or Sciences
The Job – Overview
This is an exciting new role, which is central to the success of Access’ new Cloud Transformation initiative. You will be converting, migrating and deploying data and systems for our customers as they migrate from their existing solution to the cloud based equivalent. This is likely to incorporate a wide variety of tasks from running scripts, correcting data and troubleshooting solutions.
The size of projects vary substantially but the requirement to deliver an excellent customer experience underpins everything we do. You will work with the team to ensure a successful delivery through the lifetime of the project.
Performance will be measured on project delivery, customer satisfaction and utilisation of your time. You will be dealing with various products, projects and customers at any one time so you will need to be able to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
A logical, technical mindset, tenacious attitude, and good problem solving skills are required to ensure that we are always delivering the best customer experience. You will need to be resourceful, pay great attention to detail, work accurately and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Members of this team are able to take initiative, be proactive and own and manage tasks through to completion. We have strong relationships with the product, accounting, support, marketing, sales and development teams who we work with on a daily basis so this is a great place to deepen your understanding of a fast growing SaaS business. The ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a broader, very busy team is required. A drive to ensure each customer receives an excellent service and the ability to deliver intuitive and engaging training sessions over the web are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
The job will consist of a few main areas
• Transition existing customer’s data and systems
• Converting, upgrading and migrating databases and systems
• Working closely with the Onboarding Team and Product
• Being agile and responsive during the conversion process and reacting and eliminating issues as they arise
• Production of high quality scripts, routines and procedures and training documentation
• Continual improvement of processes to ensure our service develops on an ongoing basis
• Build effective working relationships with our internal teams involved in the migration process
This is an evolving role. There will be a focus on continuous improvement of the process. We will constantly strive to empower our customers to self-serve through the use of user-friendly, structured documentation and videos, without compromising the customer journey. A dynamic approach will be required to question where these efficiencies can be found and then implement changes to the set up process where applicable.
The Access Cloud Transformation Team is an exciting new initiative by the Access Group. The CTS team is responsible for helping our customers realise the potential of their partnership with Access by migrating their current Access Solution from on premise to the cloud. We will do this by providing an excellent service and provision of great, user friendly software applications that remove the complexity from business processes and allow companies to grow their business with ease and speed.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.