Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson®and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
The FOSS Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the developed code is compliant with the Open Source internal policy and international license standards for the free open source software being used by liaising with the functional owners and internal/external stakeholders of the project.
Your tasks & responsibilities
We’re looking for someone who owns it and takes it to the next level not just someone that wants a job. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for delivery of FOSS (free open source software) documentation structure, verification and validation of tool documentation content;
- Identify Open Source Components;
- Efficiently extract copyright;
- Mediate Open source license issues/conflicts with the help of the internal and (if existent) external legal department;
- Communicate with the project architects, PMs and internal stakeholders;
- Trigger and maintain the relation with software developers (owners), functional owners of each domain and client (FOSS office);
- Take care of OSS vulnerabilities and record the security track;
- Maintain the audit trail of tasks performed (Jira, Confluence, etc) for traceability reasons;
- Follow the FOSS process throughout the SDLC and making sure that the tasks and deliveries are handled in time and with quality;
- Perform vulnerability analysis and documentation;
- Perform security research activities on both known and unknown vulnerabilities;
- Identify the open source scope of each individual project also including the vendor FOSS (obtaining documentation, adapting the format to suite the client’s needs);
- Adjust to a FOSS Functional Owner way of thinking which includes having responsibility for the deliveries and keeping the client informed of any updates/changes regarding the OSS used in the product;
- Report the activity on a weekly basis or on request to the direct and dotted-line management;
- Assign tasks to the technical experts which conduct in depth investigations of OSS components.
As an ideal candidate, you will have 2+ years of experience in the IT environment, good knowledge of Free Open Source Software Components (FOSS) and types of OS licenses. If you can demonstrate the understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle along with IT Audit, Quality & Security Management then this is the job for you.
Good communication skills, team collaboration and an advanced English are a must.
- Make an impact on the future of automotive industry by working with some of the biggest brands from the market (Toyota, BMW, Daimler, Audi and so on)
- Are encouraged to continuously improve their knowledge through trainings and courses from Harman University impressive database
- Have work-life balanced support through flexible working hours, medical subscription, gym subscription, meal tickets, fruit days, Bookster account and discounts on Harman Shop
- State the art of a new office easily accessible by city transportation.
- Have a fun work environment along with great people – Just wait ‘till you challenge out champions in Foosball or Mortal Kombat
- Yes, they have parking spaces in Pipera
#JoinHarmanBucharestand come see what you can achieve with us!
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximatelypeople across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary ofSamsung Electronics.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.