Junior Project Controls Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Project Management, Engineering, Economics, business or related field or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
- This is an entry level position. Some experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects in a cost or planning and scheduling position, similar to that obtained through an internship, is favorable.
- Basic understanding of engineering economics, project costs and data analysis would represent an advantage.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills are a must, preferred SQL and exposure to BI type solutions.
- Team worker, proactive, results oriented, integrity & open communication.
- Attention to detail and quality approach to assignments.
- Demonstrates consistent, effective and efficient written and oral communications skills.
- Expresses ideas, exercises sound judgment and effectively listens.
- Exhibits confidence and positive attitude.
- Builds collaborative relationships with management, colleagues and external partners.
- Learns to perform a task by on the job training and asking questions.
- Demonstrates energy and commitment for continuous self-improvement.
- Shows flexibility, mobility, attention to assigned duties, conflict management and resolution.
-Project Controls Analysts are responsible for supporting project or proposal cost and/ or planning and scheduling activities including engineering, procurement, construction, start up, and operations. Project Controls provides the tools and systems necessary to effectively and proactively manage, control, and report on cost and schedule for concurrent projects throughout the organization.
- Project Controls Services include planning, cost and schedule (work breakdown structure) metrics and tools, collecting performance data, tracking data (cost compilation and monitoring), analyzing (earned value, productivity and risk analysis) and reporting.
- Responsible for supporting project cost and/or planning and scheduling activities including engineering, materials management, construction, start up and operations.
- Assists in measurement of project schedule progress and gathers and assembles data for schedule and network updating.
- Investigates causes of variances between planned and earned/actual progress and recommends solutions or mitigation/recovery plans.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling. Able to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of work breakdown structures (WBS) and helps to insure effective use of project coding for Company’s cornerstone applications.
Collects data and produces an initial analysis on manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget limitations.
- Collects updates and produces cost management reports.
- Develops knowledge of earned value concepts, principles and methodology.
- Understands and applies knowledge of project revenue and cost.
- Researches data for subsequent use in analyzing cost and schedule variances.
- Identifies and tracks all changes or potential changes to the project scope, ensuring estimates of cost and /or schedule changes impact are given visibility with the client and project management.Integrates cost and schedule data and reporting with the Company's accounting and management information systems to facilitate meeting company performance and financial goals.