Field Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs NXP Semiconductors active
View all jobs Field Applications Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Bachelor’s 2-1 or above/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Some experience in the electronic industry preferable (in H/W and/or S/W design)
- Exposure to working at customer-sites for pre-sales, debug and technical support
- Willing to travel frequently within the UK (up to 60%) and occasionally within EMEA (5%)
- Excellent presentation skills in technical topics to customers / unfamiliar audiences.
- An ability to quickly learning new technologies
- Develop system level understanding of target end-applications.
- Capable of establishing open and trusting relationships with customers and field teams.
- Ability to read, understand and review schematics.
- Writing embedded C and knowledge of common toolchains and IDE’s such as MCUXpresso/Keil/IAR along with embedded operating systems such as FreeRTOS.
- “Register-level understanding of at least one microcontroller family (for example NXP, STM32, SAM, PIC), their architecture and integration with the surrounding system components).
- An ability to identify issues on customer hardware and being able to replicate the issue on NXP’s evaluation boards to help identify the problem’s root cause.
- 100% Accountable to drive MCU design wins in their target accounts.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and can deliver NXP's value proposition/position relative to the competition.
- Understands how ecosystem solutions can help position NXP in the best possible manner.
- Leads on providing proof of concept, solution focused demos to secure NXP’s products are designed in at the customer.
- Project manages the NXP design in campaigns for assigned customers to ensure early involvement in the customer’s technology roadmap and continuous and timely flow of information to all necessary parties within the sales team and customer.
- Successfully builds relationships with sales team members, business lines, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives.
- Assists in educating Field Sales Engineers and Distributors on new technologies, new product features and their related business value.
- Interfaces with the NXP quality department to analyze and help solve quality related issues at our Customers.
Please be aware that the jobs are opened in United Kingdom and Germany, not in Bucharest.