SW Engineer - Messaging
At Lenovo, innovation isn’t just what we do, it’s part of our DNA. It doesn’t just make us who we are, it flows through everything we do—from the smartphone in your pocket and light bulbs in your smart home to the servers in your data center. And beyond.Requirements
• B.S./M.S in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with programming skills/experience) or Computer Science (with hardware skills/experience) or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience developing and shipping commercial SW product or developing and supporting commercial SaaS platform
• Previous experience architecting, implementing, deploying and operating SW solutions based on message bus architecture, distributed systems, RPC, P2P communication, VPN
• Deep understanding and hands on design and implementation experience of AMQP, Apache Qpid, JMS, AWS SQS and other messaging technologies and application using these technologies
• Extensive experience with C, C++, Java, Python, Golang and bash development
• Understanding and experience with Boost C libraries
• Advanced networking experience
• Linux administration and/or development experience
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills
• Investigation and debugging skills
Nice to have:
• CI/CD experience including use of Git, Gerrit and Jenkins or other similar CI/CD tools and platforms
• OpenStack, VMWare vCloud or SDDS, AWS, Azure experience highly desired
• Cloud API development/debug experience
• Previous experience deploying cloud services
• RESTful API development experience
• Understanding of Cloud Security
Do not hesitate to contact us now, as you can start in this position immediately! In the future, you are also able to grow in your career as we have over various technical roles in our lab, so you can gain expertise from different fields!
Are you looking to upgrade your career in tech?
Come and join our biggest research & development lab in Europe that is going to significantly grow during this year!
Lenovo is a US$43 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, networking, smart TVs and a family of mobile products such as smartphones, tablets and apps. Lenovo is also a major player in the supercomputing game, having delivered the largest nextgen Intel based supercomputer, currently 13th fastest overall.
We have over 52,000 employees worldwide and customers in more than 160 countries. Lenovo’s worldwide headquarters is located in Hong Kong, with key operations centers in Beijing and Morrisville, North Carolina. With the acquisition of IBM System x, Lenovo expanded its position in the Enterprise Server, Storage, and Solutions space, providing large and competitive enterprise portfolios to meet customer needs in all segments.
Lenovo Data Center Group is currently seeking a senior software development engineer for our Lenovo private cloud platform ThinkAgile CP. This role will participate in driving architecture, design and implementation of worldwide private cloud platform to compete with cloud offerings. This individual will be responsible for architecture, detailed design and implementation of message bus and other communication components of the platform. This is a software development position in a highly collaborative environment working directly with Development, QA, Operations and Product Management teams across geographies.