Industrial IoT - AI Operationalization Specialist - 109033
Siemens Corporate Technology is part of Siemens AG and is driving forward the further development of the core technologies of our products and systems. Together with our partners from universities and research institutions, we identify new future-oriented technologies and translate them into technology demonstrators and laboratory samples as the basis for product development.
The IoT Research Group has the responsibility to develop new solutions for deployment of advanced algorithms and processes in an Edge Computing environment. The main activities are related to AI Operationalization, Ultra Low Power Algorithm Deployment and Distributed Computing Optimization.
Your new tasks:
* Define high performance AI deployment scenarios targeting on-premise industrial setups
* Define High performance architectures focused on stability, scalability etc.
* Implement Edge Computing proof-of-concepts (PoCs); e.g. field sensor processing
* Analyze, monitor, and optimize performance of low HW resource systems
* Write landscaping reports on technologies, tools, methodologies in context of Edge Computing incl. recommendations (when to use what)
* Define, develop, and perform performance and scalability benchmarks leveraging / building tools created for this purpose
* BS in Computer Science or a related field is required. Masters in Computer Science or related field is preferred
* Experience with container technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
* Comfortable in both Unix / Linux and Windows environments
* Knowledge of AI frameworks e.g. Keras, TensorFlow, Caffe
* OOP experience in C++
* Ability to switch between programming (C#) or scripting (Python) languages
* Ability to find root-causes for tough performance / scalability problems
* Fluent communication in English
Nice to have:
* Experience with pub-sub communication, e.g. RabbitMQ
* Performance profiling knowledge
* Architecture know-how
* Sub-project management