This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Cegeka Romania active
View all jobs Oracle DBA_L2 active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy.
On the Romanian Market, Cegeka has more than 500 employees in two offices: Bucharest and Iasi.
We have 3 Business Units: Applications, Infrastructure and Professional Services.
Cegeka’s mission is to help customers survive and thrive in a world where the rules of the game are constantly changing. We do this by “unburdening” C-level decision makers and helping them become digital to the core.
The world of IT is mostly about cold, hard facts and figures. These, of course, are crucial. But we want to make a difference: with our human approach, our empathy with customers’ business pains, and our commitment to make a tangible difference.
The “real” Cegeka cannot be summed up in one definition, as it is a patchwork of different people, cultures, talents, personalities and customers. It’s exactly this diversity, and the fact that we succeed in delivering great projects together, that makes us who we are.
However, Cegeka employees are expected to rally behind a set of values and principles such as ownership, curiosity, agility, entrepreneurship and respect. And everyone is expected to step out of their comfort zone when it comes to solving our customers’ problems.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
The database team is part of the division STAID (Shared Technology And Infrastructure Delivery) and as a member of a large team of database administrators, you will be responsible for operational database activities. Also, you will see to the optimal realization of several Oracle database environments for a number of customers as well as install, upgrade and configure these services from our office in Bucharest Romania for our European customers.
Candidates must possess:
• + 2 year of experience in a similar position
• You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science/Applied Informatics/IT or equivalent
• You express yourself in English (both written and spoken)
• Good knowledge of Oracle Database 11g and/or 12c
• Good knowledge of Oracle SQL and/or PL/SQL
• Relevant experience on Windows and Unix/Linux systems including scripting languages
• Oracle Certified OCA, OCP (11g or 12c) or willing to become one
• You are good in problem-solving and structured thinking, you have an analytical mind, you are communicative, customer-oriented and stress resistant
• You can work according to procedures and show flexibility if necessary
• Good documentation is important for you and you enjoy contributing to this goal
• Above all you are extremely eager to learn, passionate and enthusiastic with both a passion for IT technology as empathy for your clients
• You are not afraid of new challenges, are a team player and like to help your team members
Additional values considered as assets:
• Experience in: OEM: Oracle Enterprise Manager (Cloud Control) 12 and/or 13; RAC: Real Application Clusters; ASM: Automatic Storage Management; Data Guard; Exadata; OVM: Oracle Virtual Machine
• Demonstrate either broad interest in database technology or alternatively deep knowledge in specific domains (e.g. Exadata, Golden Gate, Oracle Cloud, …)
• Operational knowledge of other database technologies like: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Progress
• Together with your 2nd line colleagues, you are responsible for 2nd line support activities;
• Handle incidents and events;
• Execute changes (Standard and Non-Standard);
• Report and provide feedback to customers about database status and health;
• Upgrade and configure Oracle server environments to ensure a successful setup of the internal/external customer’s IT environment
• Ensure the 24/7 guard permanence duty, 1 week every 8 to 10 weeks
• Inspect the internal/external customer’s IT environment in a proactive and critical way in order to formulate the necessary proposals for improvement
• Create and update procedures (documentation)
• Update and maintain the professional knowledge and technical skills in order to maximize your own expertise and to apply it optimally within the organization