Amber Studio is the largest independently-owned Romanian game development studio, offering premium creative and development services.Cerinte
- Degree in Game Art or Fine Art from a reputable university
- 8+ years experience in the games industry
- 2-3 games developed from studio to launch
- Strong artistic ability—drawing, painting, 3-D modeling and animation
- Significant technical knowledge in game development
- Proven record of effective management and superior artistic talent
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, UI and VFX
- Ability to motivate others and maintain a positive professional attitude
- Superior communication skills
- Loves games across all platforms!
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
About the Role:
The Art Director at Amber leads Artists (2D, 3D) and Animators throughout the entire development life-cycle and is accountable for reviewing all technical and artistic assets with a keen eye towards maintaining quality and the artistic vision of the product.
- Collaborates at the concept stage with the Producer and Creative Director to establish the visual style of the game;
- Heavily involved in every stage of a game’s development cycle being responsible for producing the high-quality art for the product (2D, 3D, animations);
- Gives input on the scope of the game and partners with senior staff to support the studios and business;
- Analyzes product needs and determines the art asset list, appropriate level of detail, and necessary personnel for a project;
- Through pre-production, leads the creation of storyboards, logos, user interfaces, character design, environments and all other visual material and concepts;
- Keeps a close eye on the art pipeline, constantly checking in with the team to monitor asset creation from both technical and aesthetic perspective;
- Tracks milestones and ensures that the team stays on schedule, critiques and reviews art when it comes in, gives notes for revision;
- Motivates the team, keeping artists focused, and efficiently devises solutions to mitigate art product risks;
- As both manager and mentor, identifies the strengths and weaknesses in the team and draws out the hidden potential of artists;
- Responsible for the continuous artistic growth of the art team members.
- A diverse portfolio of games to work on
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas to bear
- Great work environment, awesome people to work with
- An attractive salary package with private medical services and meal tickets
- Easy-to-access office located at Charles de Gaulle Plaza in Bucharest.