Level 1 Support Mainframe Engineer
Bring your talent and passion to Accenture – sharpen your skills, build an extraordinary career and play a key role in creating solutions that transform organizations and communities around the world!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 449,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
With over 3000 skilled professionals in Romania, Accenture provides top-quality services from Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj Napoca, Targu Mures, Iasi and Brasov, for companies operating in a broad range of industries such as: banking and insurance, telecommunications, automotive, FMCG, energy and resources.
We focus equally on employees’ development by creating a culture of excellence and offering extensive training programs that support professional growth.
Our Romania headquarter office is located in Bucharest, in Westgate Office Park, and we deliver services to our clients from the following offices: Brasov, Cluj, Tg. Mures, Timisoara, Iasi.
Find the latest news and information about our offices and get in touch with us on our Facebook Page - Accenture in Romania or on our website - accenture.ro/cariere.
• University degree in Computer Science or related subject
• Availability to work in shifts (service is 24x7)
• Basic knowledge of operating system z/OS
• Understanding of z/OS system management commands and JES2, Vtam, CICS subsystems
• Understanding the main z/OS utilities (IEBGENER, ICEGENER, SORT, IDCAMS and IP / OS systems
• Knowledge of the main data organizations (SEQ, VSAM, PDS)
• Understanding of Job Control Language (JCL) language
• Knowledge of DB2 database utilities
• Bach scheduling and knowledge of using IWS scheduler functions (formerly OPC, ex TWS); Job Recovery
• Knowledge of the basic principles of space allocation / management in managed SMS environments
• At least 1-year experience in General IT area; more years is a plus
• At least 6 months experience in Mainframe (zSeries); more experience is a plus
• Knowledge in at least one of the following areas JCL, JES2, CISC/DB2 is a plus
• Excellent command of English
• Knowledge of Italian language is a plus
• Problem identification & problem solving in systems and subsystems
• Monitoring system performance, security resources and escalation to 2nd and 3rd Level
• Adding and deleting users and maintaining user profiles
• Perform day-to-day tasks related to maintaining the critical business data that resides on the mainframe and maintenance of systems to keep them running smoothly
• Conducting all preparative actions to ensure full operation and availability of the production environment. This includes the responsibility for the quality and the continuous optimization based on the service level;
• Planning and execution of changes and releases (includes all preparative actions to ensure the quality and the continuous optimization based on the service level).