Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
A successful applicant will have an excellent track record of developing solutions in Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Office applications (primarily Excel using Visual Basic and inbuilt Excel functionality). They will pay attention to design and user interface, and will be exceptionally thorough when self-reviewing their work. They will think outside the box to create solutions by gathering requirements and understanding the business needs, whilst working under time pressure and managing multiple projects at once. They will be competent at delegating the development of more basic tools, and they will review those tools and provide training and coaching. A successful candidate will have the confidence to challenge our existing systems and suggest alternatives.
To qualify for the role you must have:
* Excellent spoken and written English language skills (level C1).
* A high level of IT user ability, particularly advanced skills in Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Excel; including Visual Basic for Applications and complex formulas. Training time will be allowed for adaptation to in-house IT tools.
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
* Ability to use their initiative to enhance standard processes, manage workload effectively and meet deadlines.
* Effective judgement and decision making.
* Attention to detail and focus on quality.
Global Employer Services (GES) service line forms part of the Deloitte Tax practice. GES comprises over 2,400 tax professionals in 28 countries across Europe, serving companies who have employees whose jobs require them to travel internationally. We provide taxation advice and compliance services to both the corporate entity and their globally mobile employees to ensure compliance with home and host country tax regulations. We have recently established a Regional Delivery Centre in Bucharest to provide invaluable support to client facing professionals throughout Europe. By centralizing standard processes and administrative support we are seeking to drive process change and efficient working across the practice. The Regional Delivery Centre will continue to grow over the coming months and years as our range of services expands. The Regional Delivery Centre VBA/Excel Analyst will play a vital role in helping to drive change and efficiency by creating and maintaining tools and databases.
* Using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) (primarily in Excel) to develop tools and deliver efficiencies.
* Working with applications such as MS SharePoint and InfoPath to design and maintain forms and utilize the data.
* Designing and developing workflow management systems in MS SharePoint or other software.
* Using VBA, formulas, pivot tables and other Excel functions to manipulate and analyse data to provide management information.
* Providing regular updates to senior management on the status of work.
* Giving technology training and coaching.
About the Tax Service Line Our business spans the full range of activities: tax compliance; local tax consulting; international tax consulting; transfer pricing; customs & duties and expatriate tax services. By integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best tax advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into two main areas: Business Taxes, and Employer & Personal Taxes. Our consultative approach to tax work adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals.