Junior Technical support engineer
WELCOME AT ABS
We are a software development company. We have been making software since 1987. Today we are a worldwide leader in textile care and rental specific software. Serving over 450 plant operations around the world, the ABSSolute system is used in approximately 40 countries, supporting time zones from Tokyo to Los Angeles. Our central office is in the Netherlands and our development department is in the center of Bucharest (certified ISO 9001:2000).
You are passionate about software. Software is what makes you tick. Perhaps, you were already making your first applications when you were young. Growing older and studying at a Technical University, you learned more on Network Infrastructure, Microsoft technologies, experiences with ORACLE databases, SQL, and shell scripting. Troubleshooting with hardware issues like desktops, laptops and server systems has become your second nature.
Professionals who start at ABS, always begin with an extensive training program. The focus is on understanding our business, our customers, our processes, and of course: our software! Coached by a senior specialist, you will learn more on one of the largest and most complex pieces of software you have ever seen. Our professionals are always busy with:
• Diving into issues, coming directly from our customers all over the world, and come up with solutions;
• Evaluate and modify system performance at ABS, but also at our customers, monitoring the long-term agreements ABS has with her customers;
• Enable the internal organization to work as effectively as possible. Think about supporting desktop computers, printers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates, and patches as well as installing, migrating, and troubleshooting the internal development and test environments;
• Being responsible for various kinds of servers like files servers, VPN gateways, application servers, web servers, and much more. In addition, responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administering the ORACLE infrastructures;
• Responsible for upholding documentation of the configuration of the systems deployed, installed, and configured;
• Proactive knowledge sharing is very important at ABS. Good communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders is vital and we expect and provide technical mentoring for all internal specialists.
Our software professionals distinguish themselves by their technical expertise and their attention on service for our customers. Working with, constantly changing, technologies, maintaining our applications or creating new ones, and directly interfacing with our customers all over the world. Our office is always active and the atmosphere is cooperative and result-oriented!