AR Credit Officer with German
Founded in 1898, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries, and has one of the most recognizable brand names in the world. Its global headquarters is in Akron, Ohio, USA.
In Romania, Goodyear Dunlop is present since 1999 and it is represented by two different legal entities, Goodyear Dunlop Tires (Sales Office) and Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations.
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations Romania is the Global Business Services Center of Goodyear Dunlop EMEA. The GBS Center in Bucharest started back in July 2011. The core mission of the Center has always been to provide internal customer satisfaction with the shared responsibility of delivery - Driving performance as ONE TEAM.
To join our team, you will need:
•Bachelor’s/College Degree in Accountancy
•1 to 2 years’ experience as a AR Credit Officer in business to business collections environment
•SAP AR experience
•Account Reconciliation and Complex Customer Payment Allocation
•Stop Credit and Terms -Exposure Management
•Exposure to OTC /OTR Processes, Dunning and Debt Recovery Processes, Solvency and Risk
Knowledge & Skills:
•Accurate numeracy skills, Debt Analyst skills and understanding of Credit Management Lifecycle
•Good knowledge of Collateral and Security tools
•Intermediate computer literacy skills. Intermediate background in SAP and basic Excel skills a plus
•Strong negotiation and influencing skills
•English and German - verbal and written communication at a professional level
•Good problem solving and time management capabilities
•Strong Service Ethic
• Undertake all required day to day activities of an assigned portfolio of accounts to ensure Collection targets are reliably and consistently met. Day to day activities include responding to customer queries; inbound telephone calls; outbound telephone calls; problem resolution on behalf of customers; negotiation of extensions of time to pay where appropriate; account reconciliation; monitor the security/collateral files; assess client’s financial status and monitor existing customer credit line and call out for risks and opportunities; order release; set up payment plans;
• Assist to collect and prepare collection reports on weekly basis and evaluate process and measure efficiency of all portfolios and forecast all monthly collection objectives.
• Maintains the privacy of customer information and the security of all records
• Where delegated, exercise a decision-making capacity to place customers on, or remove them from, Stop Credit. Where delegation is exercised, justification for decision must be complete, appropriate and documented in accord with procedures. Where not delegated, any escalations should be complete, appropriate and contain a justified recommendation.
• Identify potential Bad and doubtful debts within customer portfolio or other potential operational risks or non-compliant activities and escalate in designated appropriate manner. As well, manage 3rd party collection agencies and prepare information for Legal
• Perform analysis to determine and approve Credit Limits for all customers using in-house tools as well as external information to link business requirements with risk exposure
• Risk exposure analysis on existing receivable portfolio, as well as future sales
(according to the country and customer portfolio split).
• Management of Blocked orders: release, reporting and communication towards business and customers alike.
• Create/review processes and responsible for updating them according to the agreed calendar or as needed.
• Focus on achieving the SLA and KPI while delivering process excellence
• Prepare monthly financial reports and provide collections input to the internal departments
• Builds & maintains long-term relationships with customers & key stakeholders.
• Ensures adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley & other guidelines and supports internal & external audits.
• Comply with the Goodyear Credit Policy, and all other applicable company policies and procedures in all respects