Online Programmer (C/C++)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs OC Prod HR Consulting active
View all jobs Online Programmer (C/C++) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
OC Prod is a consulting company in Management and Organization, founded in 2005 in Romania, which currently operates in 6 countries on 4 continents (Canada, Morocco, France, Romania, Vietnam, China).
OC Prod is an international recruitment agency, specialized in areas such as engineering, medical, retail. IT, Finacial, BPO etc.
We are involved, together with our clients, who are also our partners in developing and implementing projects.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Fluent in English.
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties)
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features;