Gameplay Programmer (C/C++)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs OC Prod HR Consulting active
View all jobs Gameplay Programmer (C/C++) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
OC Prod is a consulting company in Management and Organization, founded in 2005 in Romania, which currently operates in 6 countries on 4 continents (Canada, Morocco, France, Romania, Vietnam, China).
OC Prod is an international recruitment agency, specialized in areas such as engineering, medical, retail. IT, Finacial, BPO etc.
We are involved, together with our clients, who are also our partners in developing and implementing projects.
- Advanced knowledge of C++
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
- Good English communication skills
As a gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
- Working directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed
- Being in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems
- Implementing features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game
- Interacting with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound)
- Touching multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features