ETL Developer - Contractor role
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• University degree/diploma (or equivalent).
• Experience with SQL, data modeling and database programming (PL/SQL or equivalent) is necessary
• Data Warehousing experience is preferred
• Oracle Application Express (APEX) is a plus
• Data warehousing tool exposure is a plus
• Knowledge of any business intelligence platform would be an advantage
• Familiarity with translating business requirements into technical solutions
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required. (English is the working language).
• Ability to work in an environment that involves remote interaction with other team members, internal customers and users.
• Openness to work with people from different cultures (we work with technical people and business stakeholders across the world)
• Problem solving skills and solution-oriented thinking
• Results-oriented and innovation-oriented personality.
• Analytic, well organized and responsible
• Ambitious, dynamic, enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Ability to work individually as well as in teams on specific projects
As part of Global Sales Operations department, the person will be responsible for data warehouse design, ETL development used to support the License, Consulting and Hardware lines of business (LOBs) within Oracle.
This is a great opportunity to interact with a wide area of people, nationalities, and cultures and to gain technical exposure to the latest Oracle products. In the same time you will have the opportunity to develop a career in the business environment of a leading software and hardware organization.
Global Sales Operations is responsible with supporting the Sales organization worldwide in terms of processes, business analysis, reporting and technical solutions. The Sales Tools and Reporting team is responsible of the reporting infrastructure for sales organization. This also involves the design, implementation and maintenance of certain ad-hoc internal web-based applications that are needed by the business.
• Understand the sales business model and be able to turn requests from internal customers into reports / solutions that meet their needs.
• Participate in the design and architecture of the data model
• Liaise with other members of the team to coordinate the development of new projects.
• Investigate new approaches to provide technical solutions to the problems faced by the business.
• Draft and maintain technical documentation, contribute to the creation of manuals and documentation for the users.
• Provide technical support to internal customers (sales directors and managers, business analysts, sales reps) on existing and new tools/systems. Resolve bugs and issues.
• Keep pace with the development of Oracle Products. Assess their relevance to group operations. Propose upgrades. Investigate alternative tools and solutions.