Senior Functional Safety Director
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Harman International Romania active
View all jobs Senior Functional Safety Director active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson®and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
Functional Safety and Global Automotive Processes organization is responsible to introduce cutting edge processes for engineering and program management by ensuring Functional Safety (FUSA) compliance and ASPICE. Providing assessments and FUSA control to Business Units (BU), GTS and Customer Program Management (CPM). You will be part of the Global Engineering Operations (GEO) team and you will lead the Functional Safety department – technically and disciplinarily.
- Global leadership for engineering processes, assessment and audits as well as Functional Safety for Connected Car
- Manage a team of functional safety experts, actively engaged in ISO 26262 standards
- Improve program execution by deploying innovative and efficient Harman Standard automotive processes
- Structure effective training programs and measure their success for automotive processes and Functional Safety
- Enable, support, monitoring and rollout of processes, trainings with defined KPI’s for all Connected Car programs
- Strong alignment and support with other Automotive Harman divisions and best practice sharing
- Support and implement harmonization of footprint and organizational improvement strategies in Connected Car
- Approval stakeholder for internal and joint customer Gate Reviews in respect to Functional Safety
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably in automotive or related embedded systems experience
- Intimate knowledge of Functional Safety and ISO26262
- Min. Bachelor Degree in Engineering related field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experiences in Quality Management, Development Processes, SW Project Management and Program Management skills
- Thorough understanding of Software development lifecycle, methodologies and deep automotive (embedded system) experiences
- Knowledge of management systems, at least one of CMMi or Automotive SPICE, other standards such as IATF 16949 are desirable
- Strong and effective leadership and negotiation skills as well as experienced in presentation techniques on higher management level
- Excellent communication in English
- Willingness to travel worldwide (Germany, US, China, India, and others) for up to 75% of your time
What we offer:
- An international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Access to Harman University for extensive technical trainings
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- Meal tickets
- Flexible working hours
- Medical subscription
- State of the art new office easily accessible by city transportation
- Fitness discounts
- and much more...
#JoinHarmanBucharest and come see what you can achieve with us!
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximatelypeople across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.